Core Subjects Tutor
- Job Reference: 00027512-1
- Date Posted: 17 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Oldham, Manchester
- Salary: £25.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Education, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a dedicated Core Subjects Tutor to work with Looked after Children (LAC) on a part-time or full-time basis in Oldham.
You will be responsible for the educational development of a cohort of LAC under your supervision within Oldham.
As a Core Subjects Tutor, you will be required to be patient, calm and empathetic, and hold the ability to engage young people and motivate them to achieve. As you will be working on a 1:1 basis with students, this role will require you to work with students to build positive, professional relationships and help them overcome barriers to learning. Each student’s timetable is tailor made for them to accommodate to their needs and interests, as students will be studying Core subjects experience of teaching English and Maths is required.
As a designated Core Subjects Tutor you will successfully implement teaching and learning strategies based around each pupil’s EHCP and make reasonable adjustments to each session where necessary to have a motivating impact on pupils and maintain focus, therefore you will be required to be adaptable and able to think on your feet.
You will be required to produce weekly reports of each student’s engagement and attainment, record weekly attendance figures, and attend pupil meetings and PEP/LAC reviews. Due to the nature of the role, suitable candidates will be comfortable liaising with school contacts to gain schemes of work and report any issues or concerns when necessary.
To be considered for the Core Subjects Tutor position and achieve this salary, you will:
• Hold a teaching qualification
• Have proven experience of instructing or teaching young people is essential
• Hold a full UK driving licence and has business insurance on their vehicle is preferred
• Have a comprehensive understanding of working with young people attributed EHCP’s for a Special Educational Needs, with references as evidence
• Have experience of teaching Maths and English,
• Have experience of implementing a variety of de-escalation strategies in challenging situations involving young people.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Core Subjects Tutor or teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.