|Salary||£37000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Copywriter to join our growing brand & marketing team in central Reading, Berkshire.
This role is to be responsible for the copywriting of all campaign and service comms, to create consistency and a strong brand tone of voice across all BTL & ATL communication channels – letter/email/social/website/SMS/radio/OOH etc. This means making sure that all written communications are persuasive and engaging from the most standard service message to campaigns encouraging customer behaviour change. We want to tell our customers about all the great things we do, and this role is key to doing just that.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Work within a creative hub of copywriters and designers to bring our brand to life through words.
- Engage key internal stakeholders to help identify comms requirements.
- Work in cross functional teams to deliver relevant and timely campaign comms.
- Liaise with internal clients and interpret their briefs to produce comms that do the job brilliantly.
- A degree in creative advertising, English, communication or media studies, journalism or public relations would be a benefit but not essential.
- Proven track record of copywriting across both digital and non-digital formats.
- You will be enthusiastic with a sharp eye for detail as well as being creative with lots of ideas.
- Demonstrable effective copywriting, writing and editing experience which is essential.
- The ability to write good, clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar.
- Strong work ethic, sense of humour and ability to work accurately to tight deadlines is key.
- You will have a commercial awareness with the ability to understand the target audience and form strong and collaborative relationships with partners and internal managers.
- Great interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
This is an exciting time to join us where our business is growing, and exciting new technologies and developments are underway.
This is a varied and extremely interesting, yet demanding job, and will put you in contact with all corners of the business, across London and the Thames Valley. It is one of the best jobs in the business for learning what goes on at Britain’s biggest water company.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme, car allowance, a performance related bonus of up to 20% of your base salary, private medical insurance for you and your family, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.