Cook - meals on wheels
|Job Title:||Cook - meals on wheels|
|Salary:||£12 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-07-04 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Margo Priego-Guzman|
|Job Published:||July 04, 2019 09:45|
Meals on Wheels / Harrow Share Service
Monday - Friday
Hours : 36 hrs
Hourly rate: £12
A new exciting opportunity has just arisen for qualified and experienced Cooks to join our remarkable Catering team Share Service. The post holders will be based at various sites and must possess a positive can do, friendly and outgoing attitude to ensure that they fit in with the existing team and thriving environment.
The post holder will assist in the provision of the Catering service to meet Contract Specification and performance targets. They will also provide an efficient and flexible service to meet our customer needs.
The post holder will report to the Manager and will assist in the preparation and
cooking of foods. They will also be required to supervise staff and allocate duties in the absence of the supervisor.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of equality issues and commitment to the aims and objectives of the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy in employment and service delivery.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate
- Ability to carry out food preparation and cooking of all food types.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to undertake mental arithmetic, count and carry out cash handling duties.
- Ability to supervise a team of catering staff to ensure that standards are always met in the supervisors absence.
- Ability to show an understanding of how to work within a team environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's