Control Panel Design Eng.
|Job Title:||Control Panel Design Eng.|
|Salary:||£43000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-04-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Angela Jay|
|Job Published:||March 06, 2019 09:31|
Location: Widnes, Cheshire (WA8)
Salary: Up to £45K (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Control Panel Design Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company, specialising in the design, manufacture and installation of a vast variety of electrical, control and instrumentation systems for high profile projects.
The candidate will be actively involved in the day to day design, manufacture and project work, using their ability to input their own ideas to make things more successful and improve productivity/profit and communications.
As a Control Panel Design Engineer, your duties will be:
- Process customer enquiries and produce detailed and fully costed proposals that are technically and commercially accurate.
- Produce detailed design for control panels, electrical schematics and mechanical GA drawings.
- Produce detailed and comprehensive parts list for Control Panels.
- Oversee Control Panel Manufacture on workshop and provide support to workshop manager to allow manufacture to progress smoothly.
- Meet with clients on and off site for technical and commercial meetings.
- Oversee project engineers in the engineering office by supporting technically and commercially and ensuring workloads are managed according to production plans and customer needs.
- Oversee the collecting and documenting of build hours and recording on a regular basis to ensure build is progressing according to production plan.
An ideal Control Panel Design Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must come from a Control Panel environment.
- Must have strong detailed knowledge of all types of electrical/instrument & PLC Control Panels.
- Hold a recognised apprenticeship within a relevant field, or have a minimum HNC in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience of building control panels and working on-site.
- Knowledge/experience with PLC software/ACAD/Pneumatic & Hydraulic systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate, especially with Microsoft packages.
- Excellent team player.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must have a full UK driving licence, as this role will require attending client sites.
Hrs of work are Monday - Thursday 08:30-17:00hrs and Friday's will finish at 16:00hrs, although some flexibility is required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Maintenance Eng.
£35000 - £37000 per annum
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
£10 - £11 per hour
Panel Beater - Exeter