|Salary||Competative up to 11.23 per hour for the right candidate||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
To assist management with the accurate maintenance of the book-keeping and control systems of the CompanyMain responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out accounting and administration tasks in accordance with Company policies and procedures and complete in line with the Sodexo Way compliance standards.
- Ensure that data requiring manual and electronic returns to centre, are despatched at the appointed times.
- Notify management of any deficiencies or surpluses on cash takings, floats or stocks and any other irregularities that may appear in the accounting or administration systems.
- Count and be responsible for, the security of monies within the unit and ensure all monies are banked in line with company standards.
- Be responsible for maintaining floats where required and the payment of cash purchases with authorisation.
- Assist generally with office duties as required
- Step in as relief cashier during service times as required and ensure that any staff assisting in this capacity receive adequate training to perform this duty.
- In required, collate and input accurately, wage details for establishment staff and complete weekly transits in a timely manner complying with Sodexo Way standards.
- Ensure that all vending operates efficiently, that machines are monitored and in full working order, monies counted and banked accordingly.
- Ensure high standards of personal performance, hygiene, appearance and cleanliness at all times
- Communicate well and demonstrate a pleasant, polite, efficient, caring and friendly service to customers and clients in all areas of service that Sodexo provide.
- Participate in any necessary training and team meetings as required to complete job responsibilities to the Company’s and Client’s standards e.g. health & safety, food hygiene.
- Work as a team member to promote harmonious working relationships within the Sodexo team
- Assist at any special ad-hoc functions, some of which may occur outside working hours.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take some remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate.
- Cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness.
- Comply with all Sodexho Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Comply with all Company & client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management
- Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Safeguard, Heads of Departments, District Management.
- Current and prospective clients and customers.
Key Result Indicators:
- To deliver a consistent level of service, within the Company's standards, to the contract specification and agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place and training of staff.
- To be agreed with Line Manager and attached, if appropriate, for particular location. K.P.I’s to be monitored as part of performance review and appraisal process.
- Count and be responsible for the security of monies taken from the vending machines and tills and bank monies in accordance with Company procedures.
- Access to Eprofit and UDC systems to input data and transit it
- Smoking only permitted in designated areas. Mobile phones must be switched off during working hours. Constraints may change from time to time, see the staff notice boards.
- During the course of his/her duties the post holder may have access to, or witness confidential information, which must NOT be divulged to an unauthorised person at any time
NB. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details of this job description are correct - due to the varied requirements of the catering and support services industry, this job description cannot be exhaustive. Therefore, the jobholder may be required from time to time to carry out other tasks as required by management in order to meet the operational needs of the business.Ideal candidate
- Literate and Numerate
- Previous account processing and administration.
- Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Positive approach to learning in role
- Sense of own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Flexible approach to role
- Clean Driving Licence
- IT Literate
- Excel intermediate level
- Aware of confidentiality