|Salary||Band 5 starting salary of £35,549||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
BeNCH CRC are looking for a Contract & Partnership Manager based in Huntingdon to monitor service provision and performance ensuring required outcomes and value for money are achieved, and all financial and legal responsibilities are met. You will also work in collaboration with other commissioners involved in delivering services for offenders and seek out opportunities to support the development of offender interventions and pathways.
If you want to join an innovative, creative and high performing organisation, we offer challenging and rewarding roles and the opportunity to make a positive contribution to reducing reoffending. We offer excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and are committed to supportive induction and appraisal.Package description
Starting salary is £35,549 per annum
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
Interviews will take place on 28th August 2019.Main responsibilities
- Be accountable for Contract management arrangement in a CRC, working closely with the CRC strategic lead to ensure adherence to best practice
- Proactive development of relationships with operational partners, operational staff and wider stakeholders, including VCS, and service user forums, service quality
- Overseeing due diligence, selection and bid processes, making recommendations to the CRC
- Negotiate contractual terms, service profiles and commercials of the contract
- Draft agreements, develop specifications and advise on all technical contract activity, such as tendering procedures, terms and conditions, contract change and review
- Investigate and resolve failures and issues in a proactive way, ensuring commitments of all parties are in place
- Appropriately manage any escalation and improvement procedures, advising the CRC of appropriate responses to any failures in performance
- Responsible for performance management of contracted services to ensure compliance, quality and value for money and all related activity
- Undertake comprehensive and on-going contract monitoring programme, carrying out regular assessments, audits, annual reviews of services/pathways to provide assurance and to inform commissioning decisions
- Analyse service and sector budgets to achieve best value
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate information systems to support contracting arrangements, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Develop internal and external partnerships with providers, coordinating provider forums, workshops and meetings as appropriate
- Source the market and establish effective alliances with other key agencies both locally and regionally to facilitate their development as providers and/or partners.
- Undertake business development activity, supporting FFU development with the NPS, identifying external funding opportunities, preparing bids to add value to the services available for offenders.
- Work closely with other contract managers in the region to coordinate regional activity, and the DD Community Justice to develop contract management expertise across the business
- Provide guidance and training to the senior leadership group and operational managers on all aspects of contract management and associated deliver
- Work with the Deputy Director to manage contract change notices with the Authority, relating to the CRC
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Formal contract management or business qualification
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of contract management and procurement, with an understanding of associated financial and legal requirements
- Excellent skills in engaging and managing stakeholders, negotiation, building relationships across organisations
- Demonstrable commitment to the achievement of outcomes with experience and understanding of criminal justice services (or related field)
- Commercial expertise with an understanding of financial matters relating to services and a working knowledge on evidencing and achieving value for money and full cost recovery in services
- Ability to develop and carry out contract monitoring, performance management, inspection and review
- Strong ICT and analytical skills
- Ability to write evidence based Value for Money reports for a range of audiences
- Experience of managing commissioning activity and re-modelling services
- Experience in supply chain management
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive matters and sound knowledge of information security
- Experience of interpreting, using and drafting agreements
- Experience in developing bids and business development activity
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 10 major towns: Hemel, Stevenage, Apsley, Cambridge, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Huntingdon, Peterborough. BeNCH CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.