Our Marketing team is currently 10-strong, split between Bristol and Manchester. We have skills that cover campaign-generation, content creation, films, graphic design, media, and client insights.
Central to the success of this team is the role of the Content Manager in proactively delivering relevant, timely and newsworthy content for internal and external audiences.
This role will provide maternity cover for the Content Manager for an initial term of December 2021 to December 2022. The role will be based in our Manchester office, however Hydrock has adopted hybrid working and so in practice, we enjoy a mix between working remotely and/or from the office.
The role reports to our National Marketing Communications Manager, and you will be well-supported by our Marketing Director and indeed all other members of the Marketing team.
We recognise the importance of supporting you in this role and helping you make your own personal mark within Hydrock. We’d love you to be onboard before our colleague goes on maternity leave to get a sense of what they do, and why they do it. And some time for a handover when they return next December 2022 is also important to us.
Content Marketing Manager responsibilities:
• Working with stakeholders across the business to identify, research and write topical internal and external content to educate and engage with our audiences.
• Creating content such as news stories, case studies, brochures, capability statements, press releases and thought leadership articles.
• Managing the flow of information across the intranet, acting as a hub for internal communications and creating and maintaining a consistent publishing schedule.
• Responsibility for award submissions.
• Writing and managing social media posts, ensuring consistent tone of voice across platforms.
• Web editing/CMS: Uploading/updating content (including sourcing and resizing images) across platforms (website, intranet, social media), ensuring they stay up to date with new content that’s easy to find.
• Becoming a go-to person to act as a conduit for sources of content.
• Ensuring relevant content originating from adjacent support teams is correctly networked and stored.
Content Marketing Manager requirements:
• Building rapport – ability to communicate well and build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills – it’s fast paced here, so the ability to prioritise and keep projects moving will be key to succeeding in this role, but we’re a great team and we’ve got your back.
• Creative flair – we have core messages at the heart of all we do, but we still have room to express Hydrock’s distinct personality in our tone of voice. Here’s where your creative skills really come into play.
• Embracing new ideas and constantly seeking to elevate the quality of all our communications and outreach.
• Tenacity and curiosity – a tenacious spirit is a distinct benefit in keeping up to speed with the different information sources and deadlines.
• IT skills – confident in using social media platforms, intranet, and website CMS.
About Hydrock Consultants:
We have now returned to our offices; some of us full time, though many of us now choose to split our time between working from home and working in the office. If you’re in the office every day, you’ll have a designated desk to use. For those who hybrid work, our offices are now set up for hot desking, so you can select and book a desk through our cloud booking system. By offering you more flexibility, our aim is to enable everyone to work in a way that best facilitates productivity, work life balance and collaboration.
Working in the built environment sector, we help to create buildings, infrastructure and communities that are sustainable, climate resilient and socially inspiring. As an engineering, energy, and sustainability consultancy business, we are 650-strong, UK-wide, and we pride ourselves on our reputation as a people-focused business, illustrated by seven consecutive years in the 100 Best Large Companies to Work For listings.
Our Marketing team has a reputation for delivering outstanding results. We pride ourselves on being just slightly irreverent, but also absolutely on the money in our thought leadership when it comes to the subjects that really matter to our clients.
A career with Hydrock offers you the chance to achieve your potential in a strongly people-focused and values-led business that provides great opportunities for professional and personal development.
At Hydrock we value our diversity and place wellbeing and inclusion for all at the heart of our culture. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving these aims, so we encourage everyone talk to us about any ideas which enable you to balance your personal commitments with your responsibilities at work. Please let us know your current and/or desired flexible working arrangements in your covering letter, so we can discuss how this could work for you in this role.
Hydrock is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We consider all applications on an individual’s alignment with the required qualifications, knowledge and experience outlined in this job advert, without regard to any of the protected characteristics. So that we can provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment, and employment experience, please make us aware if you have any physical or neurodiverse condition for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
• Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you within two weeks.
• If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
• If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices (if possible and in line with Covid-19 guidelines). Please let us know what you feel comfortable with.
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
Benefits: The remuneration package will include a competitive salary and employer pension contribution, 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy/sell up to five days), healthy living bonus, well-being bonus and a wide variety of flexible benefits. There are also little things like a paid day off for good causes and free fresh fruit in every office.
You may have experience of the following: Digital Content Manager, Content Manager, Digital Marketing, Digital Fundraising, Digital Marketing Manager, Digital Content Lead, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Marketing Content Manager, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)