Consumables & Samples Stock Handlers & Unpackers
- Job Reference: 00008559-1
- Date Posted: 5 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Alderley Park, Cheshire
- Salary: £17,500 to £18,000
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical, Science & Technology, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Avantor Services provide a broad variety of on-site Laboratory Services for major pharmaceutical customers and work collaboratively with the client to provide resource to deliver core scientific activities. This role is to support the Lighthouse Labs second mega-lab at Alderley Park in Cheshire thousands of patient samples a day are to be tested for coronavirus.
The lab is part of what will be the biggest network of diagnostic testing facilities in British history, testing samples from drive-through test sites across the country.
The lab will help rapidly increase the country’s capacity to test for coronavirus to tens of thousands of samples each day
Scope of Role:
* Ensure stock is prepared and maintained for detailed storing
* Checking for damaged or missing items
* Moving stock by hand or with machines, taking time to coordinate location pinch points
* Ensure the delivery of goods to the Labs
* Keeping stock records
* Cleaning the Store
Samples Stock Handling
* Ensure the samples are collected on time
* Provide storage media and ensure samples are maintained
* Remove and Royal Mail sticker and apply return stickers to boxes on backload
* Backload boxes through Royal Mail
* Push supplies forward into the labs
* Unpack samples from delivery boxes.
* Batch into bundles of 90 under fume hood.
This role directly and indirectly supports scientists across functions allowing scientists to concentrate on their core role. This role is to be primarily lab-based focusing on the Stock and Waste management for laboratories in accordance with Health and Safety, Good Laboratory Standards and Good Manufacturing Process requirements. These exciting opportunities would ideally suit an individual who seeks a science-based role to support the current Covid-19 pandemic.
* To carry out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines, GLS & GXP
* Proactively deliver operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the customer
* Act as a contact for key customers, actively engaging with stakeholders on a regular basis to understand their business requirements
* Proactively identify and support operational efficiencies by implementing process improvements
* Receipt, replenishment and distribution of laboratory consumables, chemicals and PPE to meet end user requirements
Maintenance of Laboratory Point of Use (PoU’s) by daily replenishment
* Laboratory Knowledge of research and purchasing processes and procedures, Health and Safety, Good Laboratory Standards
* Experience of carrying out technician laboratory activities in a timely manner and to the correct standards
* Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders
* Proven willingness to work flexibly in a team with minimal direct supervision.
* Identifying, implementing and sharing continual improvement processes.
* Proven ability to take on new activities in an efficient manner and to support and train others to a level of competency consistent with the role.
* Proven ability to manage customer’s expectations and provide a professional level of customer service
* Excellent communicator at all levels and enjoys working as part of a team
* Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems.
* Self-motivated, energetic, dependable, honest, and attention to detail
This opportunity offers you the chance to work in a dynamic COVID-19 response team and our collective efforts to succeed in our fight against COVID-19 pandemic. We are looking for candidates who can start immediately in a temporary role. Shift pattern is 4 on 4 off from 5.00am to 4pm & 2.30pm to 1.30am. We offer a salary of £ 18.000 per annum with a shift allowance of 25