Construction Manager - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County
|Job Title:||Construction Manager - Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands County|
|Salary:||Circa £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance|
|Start Date:||2019-04-02 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Stewart Hastie|
|Job Published:||April 02, 2019 18:08|
Bromford is a housing association. One with a very clear social purpose and the financial strength to build more of the new homes this country needs.
There are over 10,000 people waiting for an affordable home in our big four local authority areas (Lichfield, Tewkesbury, Cotswolds and South Gloucestershire) along with tens of thousands more across the rest of our geography. We’re continuously growing and that’s why we’ve recently committed to increasing our housebuilding programme by completing more than 350 new homes each year towards our development programme – and now we need a talented Construction Manager to help us deliver our ambitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our established construction team who take great pride in quality and who have a growing reputation to match. You will be expected to meet agreed quality standards, budgets and timescales, ensuring the projects are cost effective and constructed in a safe environment.
- Monitoring and dealing with all aspects of Health & Safety, including keeping updated on current legislation
- Maintaining production levels against programme and budgets and adjusting trade levels where necessary
- Monitoring & maintaining quality against the required standards and monitoring costs/overheads against budgets
- Liaising with direct labour / contractors / local authorities / statutory authorities as required
- Line managing site personnel, including identifying training requirements and carrying out performance appraisals
- Liaising with all internal teams
- Performing other reasonable additional duties at the request of the line manager – whatever it takes to achieve the role.
What do you need
- Proven experience and an excellent record of managing and delivering residential schemes to budgetary, quality, and programme requirements with all health and safety aspects a premium issue
- Effective Communication
- Effective Line Management
- HNC in Construction or similar
- Ideally a Member of the Chartered Institute of Building
This position involves travel between multiple sites so the successful candidate must have a full Driving Licence.
Closing date for applications 26th April
This is an exciting time to join Bromford; Glassdoor has named us as a top 5 best place to work in the UK for 2019 and we’ve merged with Merlin Housing and Severn Vale to create a new Bromford, meaning even more new homes, opportunities and relationships. We’ve set aside a joint investment of £1.5b as we plan to build 14,000 new homes over the next decade.
Our colleagues tell us they really value the benefits we offer, see the full list here.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. Bromford Housing Group will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us. All employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.
We do not require recruitment agency support at this time - all speculative CV’s will be treated as a direct application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's