Construction Engineer - Mechanical/PipingLocation:
Bridgwater, UK - OnsiteCompensation:
Competitive + travel allowances and benefitsRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 49946You're the key
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer at our Bridgwater (Hinkley Point C) site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibilityMEH Alliance
The Construction Engineer role is based within our Cavendish Nuclear area.
It's a brilliant opportunity to work as part of the MEH Alliance on the prestigious Hinkley Point C Nuclear project. The alliance work across the project to integrate and coordinate the delivery of all main MEH, cabling and associated support services. This innovative approach will help different contractors work as a single entity to deliver the complex installation of cabling and pipework in the power station's 2,500 rooms.The roleThe difference our new Construction Engineer will make
As a Construction Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll support the construction of a high profile nuclear new build. An exciting project with scope for development throughout the project.
Day to day, you'll have a 'hands on' role; Interpreting drawings, organising onsite installations, identifying any issues, or blocking points. You'll report to the building leads/managers, supporting continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures. You'll liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, and ensure documents are compliant with latest works information.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is onsite.Essential experience
What we offer
- Proven track record in construction e.g., experience as a mechanical technician, fitter, or pipefitter.
- Experience in a regulated industry e.g., oil and gas, petrochemical. Nuclear experience is not an essential.
- HND/HNC construction or engineering, or relevant experience.
- Strong leader with collaborative nature.
- Positive, can-do mentality.
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus 8 bank holidays. You also have the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 7.5% of salary, with life assurance
- Loyalty Recognition
- Profession membership subscriptions - Subscription fees for one relevant professional institute per person per annum.
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, Construction, Construction Engineer, CSR, Engineer, Engineering, Management