|Salary:||£25000 per annum, Benefits: free parking.Direct bus route,|
|Start Date:||asap after interview|
|Contact Name:||Jamie Gilder-Grimes|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2019 13:44|
Your overall purpose as the Buyer is to ensure the warehouse is suitably stocked with equipment to enable complete, timely and cost-effective deliveries to schools, trainers and marketing events to order and arrange delivery of chemicals to schools, trainers and marketing events when required.
As the Buyer, you will meet the following criteria:
• Keeping in touch with the warehouse regarding stock levels
• Discussing with the warehouse and Head of Operations regarding upcoming deliveries to schools to ensure stock is available
• Communicating with suppliers regarding prices and placing orders
• Negotiating prices and deliveries with suppliers including discounts
• Obtain ‘best price’ overall for the items
• Arranging items to go to warehouse for training and marketing events
• Accounting for monies spent
• Responding within time limits to customer service requests via appropriate IT systems
• Ensuring information on company systems is accurate and relevant (Items and Chemical tabs only) in order to ensure buying is accurate
• Any other reasonable ad-hoc task as and when required.
Our client is looking is looking for a Buyer to join their busy team.
• The working environment is informal and it's possible for work to be carried out from home or from other remote locations to be authorised by the Head of Operations.
• You'll find that the work can be demanding as our operation depends on specific scientific items being purchased to a tight deadline
• Travel and absence from home overnight may occasionally be required.
To be considered for this exciting Buyer role, you will need the following experience:
You will need to show:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients, consultants and colleagues.
• Analytical stills to understand very complex excel spreadsheets and how the data interacts.
• Attention to fine detail.
• Able to manage own work load and prioritise effectively.
• Happy to work extra hours when needed to tight deadlines.
• Driven to get to the bottom of an issue and see it through.
• Ability to work under time pressure.
• Sound IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Mail Merge, Excel and Word.
Starting salary for the Buyer role is competitive dependent on experience.
This is initially to cover 8 months maternity leave, but could possibly extend to a permanent full time position.
The full time permanent salary will be £25k
The working hours are 5 hours a day Monday to Friday, you may be required to do additional hours, but these would be agreed beforehand by the Head of Operations.
If you are interested in applying for the Buyer role, please apply with your CV.