|Salary||£28000 - £32000 per annum||Sector||Manufacturing & Industrial|
Currently recruiting for a Composite Engineer to join a well-established boat building brand based in the South West.
This requirement is following an incredible period of growth that is showing no signs of abating, this industry powerhouse has an order list that stretches well into 2021. With a staff in excess of 3,000 manufacturing their craft solely here in the UK, the organisation aim to keep much of their engineering in-house, including composites manufacturing.
Composite boatbuilding has long proved a challenging market and is highly competitive, so this role is a key post within the organisation and to assist in the development and delivery of composite products and processes throughout the business.
Well suited to anyone with a passion for the composites industry.
• Technical liaison with the composite supply chain, clearly communicating business expectations.
• Support sales and procurement in processes material and equipment
• Research & Development into new composite processes, including process development for new composite manufacturing technology
• Record all updated via the company document system
• Understand composite processing machinery and equipment, supporting development, delivery and through lifecycle management of new products into manufacturing areas.
• Mentor junior members of the composites group sharing knowledge and experience to aid their professional development.
• To adhere to all health and safety procedures, including supporting the Health and Safety team in provision of COSHH assessment and SSOW for composite material processing.
• Experienced composite engineer in the marine (or similar) sector and/or boat builder with a proven track record of composite boat manufacture.
• Degree or HND/HNC qualified
• Good knowledge of composite defects, and experienced in determining root cause and resolution of these.
• Experience of using process engineering tools such as DFMEA/PFMEA within composite part manufacture.
• High level of experience and practical skills in Wet Layup, Resin Infusion and RTM Light.
• Strong knowledge of composite material characteristics and the effect of these on processing technique and component performance.
• Experience using Teamcenter and NX would be beneficial.
This role would be well suited to a Composite Boat Builder Team Lead or a Graduate who has some practical experience working within a Boat Building Team.
For more information please apply and call Alisha on 02380 63 33 99