Compliance Manager (Healthcare)
|Job Title:||Compliance Manager (Healthcare)|
|Start Date:||2019-02-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Katie Shaw|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2019 20:26|
Sodexo Healthcare at Hereford Hospital are currently looking to recruit an experienced Compliance Manager to be the business unit lead for compliance (including risk and safety) management, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory, mandatory and contractual obligations, and co-ordination of the risk and safety management systems.
You’ll monitor the business unit risk, environmental, safety and waste management performance and the provision of statistical analysis, whilst seeking continuous improvement and service excellence.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, predominantly Monday to Friday but there will be a requirement to be flexibleMain responsibilities
- Management of risk, health and safety and environmental compliance for the business unit
- Co-ordination of the relevant elements of the business unit management systems and associated documentation, to ensure compliance with statutory obligations and best practice
- Provision of health and safety advice, recommendations and training
- Co-ordination of accident and incident reporting in accordance with corporate and contractual requirements
- Point of contact for corporate and external compliance audits
- Submission of accident, incident and near miss data
- Contribution to and participation in employee induction and training programme and review of safety competencies
- Health and safety qualification (NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- Relevant risk and safety management experience
- Experience of working within the healthcare sector, including knowledge and experience of HTM/HBN guidance
- Proven experience of co-ordinating and delivering training
- Experience of conducting accident and incident investigations and preparation of investigation reports
- Experience of liaising with regulatory bodies (i.e., HSE) and internal and external auditors
- Experience of preparing statistical data, providing detailed analysis and formulating recommendations
- Articulate and confident communicator (both verbal and written), with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience of working with integrated management systems (ISO or equivalent)
- Great attention to detail and commercially astute
- Food Safety qualification (Level 3 or equivalent)
- Environmental qualification
- Waste management qualification
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
AEROSPACE TECHNICAL I.T AUDITOR
£400.00 per day, Benefits: Free Parking Onsite
£17 per hour, Benefits: Overtime, flex pay and pay progression opportunities
£17 per hour, Benefits: Regular pay reviews & Potential to earn bonus
Cyber Security Consultants
Excellent basic + benefits package