|Salary||£44880 - £52000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management, Engineering|
The role will design, implement and monitor policies and procedures to demonstrate compliance with Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations.
This management post is the first stage in establishing a team to maintain Thames Water’s DSEAR compliance position.
This role will involve:
- Auditing policy and procedures regularly against statutory requirements and externally benchmarking.
- Management of work programme to achieve DSEAR compliance. (Risk based programme developed for documentation and site improvements)
- Managing work streams and engagingspecialist contract resource.
- Manage the periodic review of Hazardous Area Plans and Explosion Protection Documents.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all new project DSEAR documentation.
- Deliver DSEAR competence improvements across Thames Water.
- Development and implementation of DSEAR competency assessment framework for personnel in operations.
- Management of DSEAR related risks.
- You will escalate risks to asset owners where appropriate and give input to Business Planning.
- 5 years of Process Engineering Experience, including the zoning of Hazardous Areas.
- Excellent understanding of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations, associated codes of practice and industry standards.
- Highly developed influencing skills to interact with both senior and junior members of the company.
- Communication skills such that highly technical information can be communicated in a clear and concise manner.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment and the impact on the company.
- Knowledge of electrical & mechanical equipment for use in potential explosive atmospheres useful but not essential.
This role will provide the opportunity for an individual to act as the recognised company expert in the field of DSEAR and drive improvements and compliance across the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the largest water and waste-water services company in the UK. We provide the essential service at the heart of daily life, health and enjoyment to 15 million customers across London and the Thames Valley and we are going through a period of exciting change. On a typical day we supply 2.6 billion litres of top quality drinking water and our 350 sewage treatment works treat more than 4.2bn litres of waste-water. Our 85,000 miles of water mains and sewers would wrap around the world three-and-a-half times.
We are focusing like never before on delivering brilliant services and providing our customers with a great experience. We are in the process of transforming our business in order to achieve this. To help us succeed, we need a range of new skills and capabilities and will be recruiting for these in the coming months. We are on the lookout for talented people across our entire region who are interested in helping us to become the best water and waste-water company in the UK.
Thames Water is an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming applications from all walks of life to join our diverse team. We’re also leading the way with our award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.