DSEAR Compliance Manager
|Job Title:||DSEAR Compliance Manager|
|Salary:||£44880 - £52000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Robyn Smith|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2019 11:39|
The role will design, implement and monitor policies and procedures to demonstrate compliance with Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations.
This management post is the first stage in establishing a team to maintain Thames Water’s DSEAR compliance position.
This role will involve:
- Auditing policy and procedures regularly against statutory requirements and externally benchmarking.
- Management of work programme to achieve DSEAR compliance. (Risk based programme developed for documentation and site improvements)
- Managing work streams and engagingspecialist contract resource.
- Manage the periodic review of Hazardous Area Plans and Explosion Protection Documents.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all new project DSEAR documentation.
- Deliver DSEAR competence improvements across Thames Water.
- Development and implementation of DSEAR competency assessment framework for personnel in operations.
- Management of DSEAR related risks.
- You will escalate risks to asset owners where appropriate and give input to Business Planning.
- 5 years of Process Engineering Experience, including the zoning of Hazardous Areas.
- Excellent understanding of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations, associated codes of practice and industry standards.
- Highly developed influencing skills to interact with both senior and junior members of the company.
- Communication skills such that highly technical information can be communicated in a clear and concise manner.
- An understanding of the regulatory environment and the impact on the company.
- Knowledge of electrical & mechanical equipment for use in potential explosive atmospheres useful but not essential.
This role will provide the opportunity for an individual to act as the recognised company expert in the field of DSEAR and drive improvements and compliance across the business.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's