The Compliance Assistant role requires great attention to detail and excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Working in a compliance driven Call Centre environment, you will need to be a self-motivated, articulate communicator, professional, having excellent IT skills.
Currently, we are partly working remotely due to Covid-19 and we will supply equipment such as laptop and headset for this. We envisage that the role will return to be office based at our Manchester office at Exchange Quay, M5 3EF.
Compliance Assistant Responsibilities:
We are looking to fill this post with someone who enjoys meeting people and working in a team in a fast-moving Financial Services environment. You will need you to be able to plan and prioritise your workload, work accurately, with attention to detail, good communication and IT skills. Call centre experience is not essential.
• Day to day management of level 2 and 3 complaints including, logging, referring, investigating and responding in writing or by phone to the complainant
• Responding to customer and client queries by email
• Providing support to the level 1 complaint team as and when required
• Assisting with second line defence checks including customer journey reviews, case reviews, QA monitoring and internal audits including policy reviews
• Assisting with writing reports and organising remedial actions from 2nd line checks and follow up actions
• Assisting with Month end reporting
• Day to day management of compliance mailbox
• Completing and analysing the information within TCF dashboards and reporting data and trends
• Compiling and presenting compliance / regulatory reports for internal and external stakeholders
• Other compliance related project work as required from time to time
• Providing feedback, coaching and compliance training as required
• Conducting trend analysis of compliance related issues
• Assisting with complaints reporting
• Attending client audits when required to discuss results of 2nd line audits, complaints, and trends
• To support the business with regulatory questions and queries as they arise
Compliance Assistant Requirements:
• Managing a caseload of complaints in an FCA or other regulated environment
• Experience of responding to customer complaints or queries by telephone and in writing
• Experience of analysing data and presenting results in writing
• Demonstrating the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritise tasks
• Computer literate
• Minimum GCSE Grade ‘C’ / ‘4’ or equivalent in English Language
• Fluency in English with a strong preference for fluency in Spanish, German and / or Portuguese languages
Preferred but not essential:
• Undertaking Compliance Monitoring or 2nd Line of defence checks
• Working in a Compliance department within the Consumer Credit industry or Financial Services industry
• Writing reports to clients and internal stakeholders
• Conducting trend analysis
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
About Phillips & Cohen Associates UK:
Phillips & Cohen Associates has built a successful and rapidly growing business by delivering industry-leading collections results while simultaneously enhancing the brand of each individual client.
Phillips & Cohen Associates was formed in 1997 and quickly established a reputation as a responsible and trusted partner to industry leaders around the world. We have three regional offices in the United States (including a dedicated analytics centre) and international offices in Manchester United Kingdom, Quebec Canada, Melbourne Australia, and Madrid Spain.
Our business has achieved national and international prominence by providing highly effective financial recovery services that include compassionate Deceased Care and Probate, Pre- and Post Charge-Off Credit Card, Business Card, Consumer Retail, Debt Management, and Cease and Desist solutions.
Location: Manchester, M5 3EF
Job type: Full time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum
Benefits: Full training and support by our friendly team, Luxurious office environment in a superb location, 31 days holidays per year including 8 bank holidays, Reserved secure car parking spaces available, Comprehensive benefits and discounts package, Healthcare Scheme*, Company pension plan, Life Assurance*, Cycle2work scheme*
*after probationary period.
You may have experience of the following: Compliance Assistant, Compliance Administrator, Compliance Coordinator, Complaints, Customer Service, Administrator, Administration Assistant, Admin, Administration, Admin Assistant, Call Centre, Multilingual, Languages etc.