|Salary||£35000 - £45000 per annum||Sector||Miscellaneous|
We are seeking a Regulatory Compliance Analyst to provide specialist regulatory policy analysis and advice on Ofwat’s regulatory framework, as well as supporting the monitoring and reporting of our compliance with Ofwat's regulatory requirements.
As part of the Regulator Compliance and Policy team you will support the Regulatory Compliance Manager, senior management and wider business in order to protect the long-term interests of the business and its customers by helping the company understand the direction of travel in water regulation and influencing the debate.
To support development and operation of an efficient and effective compliance framework and governance process, helping the business understand, manage and mitigate key compliance risks.
The role will involve analysing Ofwat’s policy proposals and preparing the company’s response to them; providing specialist regulatory advice to the business to help them to prepare for changes in regulatory policy; as well as supporting the development of regulatory submissions and responses to investigations.
Key areas of accountability will include:
- Leading the response to regulatory requests for information, working with the business to provide robust data, information and commentary to regulators.
- Being responsible for understanding our regulators’ approach to key compliance mechanisms and providing advice to business areas on regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the Regulatory Compliance Manager in monitoring and managing regulatory compliance, performance and co-ordination of key business reports.
- Assisting in development and use of self-certification for compliance assessment purposes.
- Completion of risk register for Regulation.
- Working closely with key areas of the business to provide specialist regulatory advice and influence decision-making on the development of options and plans to achieve compliance.
- Supporting the analysis of regulators’ proposals to evolve the regulatory framework and engaging with internal stakeholders to understand the impact on the business.
- Ensuring that the business is positioned to influence our regulators and key industry / governmental stakeholders on regulatory decision making.
- Leading the development of responses to regulatory consultations on behalf of the business.
- You should possess a background in utility regulation or compliance within a regulated environment.
- You should be a strategic thinker with sound judgement and a keen eye for detail.
- An individual who combines a strong understanding of how a regulated water business operates with an interest or experience in how large, complex organisations deliver and monitor compliance.
- You will be aware of recent regulatory developments specific to the water industry and how they impact water companies.
- A degree (or equivalent) and possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills which will enable you to quickly understand and analyse the impact of new policy areas on the operation of the business.
- You will have first class communication and presentational skills and able to translate complex regulatory issues into clear, understandable terms.
- The role requires an individual with excellent project management skills, who can drive continuous improvement and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Good commercial awareness and proven influencing & negotiation skills are essential.
This is an exciting chance to join a high-profile team in a varied role, which will provide exposure to all areas of the business, as well as the opportunity to engage directly with senior management and external stakeholders on important issues.
This interesting role also offers a unique opportunity to learn more about the functioning of water regulation in England, and the operation of the largest water and sewerage company in the UK, whilst influencing the regulatory debate and Thames Water’s response to regulatory decisions.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning poo into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.