|Job Title:||Company Secretary|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-31 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Sharaz Mohamed|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2019 11:33|
Compliance responsibilities for data protection, health and safety and quality assurance. Additionally the post holder will manage a small team responsible for providing a professional, customer focussed and cost effective data management, reception, administration and secretarial services at Head Office.
The ideal candidate:
• Educated to degree level
• The ability to accurately assess changes in legal and regulatory requirements and apply in a business setting
• Experience of providing support to a Council / Committee – compiling the agenda, taking minutes and preparing associated papers
• Experience of maintaining statutory records
• The ability to write and present high quality reports and statistics accurately and to handle confidential information
• Good working knowledge of data protection legislation and subject access requests
• Good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• An understanding of, and clear commitment to, equality of opportunity, both in the delivery of services and in relation to the conduct of business with colleagues, service users and external parties
• The ability to relate successfully to individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Excellent time management and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks to meet required deadlines
• Experience of managing and leading a team.
• The ability to work flexibly and cooperatively within a team
Key aspects of the job will be:
• Ensure good governance practices and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Advise the Senior Leadership Team and Council of Trustees on their legal and corporate responsibilities.
• Prepare and present reports to the Council of Trustees.
• Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action.
• To be the organisation's lead for data protection and privacy matters and to act as the organisation's Data Protection Officer.
• To ensure that procedures across the organisation are GDPR compliant.
• To ensure that high quality QA audits, which meet the regulatory requirements of the services, are carried out across our fostering, children's homes and 16+ services in England and Isle of Man.
• Committed to the development of the team, to help them grow and learn, according to their individual ability and experience.
• To ensure the organisation remains compliant with health and safety requirements.
In return we offer:
• A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
• A comprehensive induction programme and career progression for high performers.
• 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years' service.
• A shopping discount scheme,
• After successful probation a contributory pension, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme and employee assistance programme.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's