|Salary||Band 3 salary commencing at £23,039 per annum||Sector||Social Care|
Are you interested in working directly with service users? Are you interested in playing an important part in changing lives for a safer Norfolk & Suffolk?
We currently have opportunities for Community Payback Supervisors to join Norfolk & Suffolk CRC based in Waverney, Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds.
You will supervise groups of service users working on projects to improve local areas, helping them learn practical skills in DIY, decorating, basic woodwork, gardening and conservation work. You will also source and risk assess potential projects, liaising with beneficiaries, and ensuring that sufficient and appropriate projects are available. You will liaise with colleagues across Norfolk & Suffolk CRC to ensure continuity during their supervision.
You will be expected to impart work-related skills and act as a role model. You will need to develop a rapport with service users from a range of backgrounds, with the aim of encouraging and supporting them to change their behaviours. Training will be provided with on going support and guidance.
We are looking for organised individuals who are calm under pressure and flexible towards working hours, as job holders must work weekends and some evenings. Unsocial hours pay enhancements apply for weekend working.Package description
27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part time), defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme.
Travel to work sites and Local Management Centres across the County will be required. There are elements of lone working in this role.
This is to fill immediate vacancies (both full and part time) and to support our succession planning in Waveney, Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich.Main responsibilities
- Model, reinforce and reward pro social attitudes, behaviours and challenge anti social attitudes.
- Be responsible for maintaining records and attendance logs.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries and service users.
- Organise, run and supervise work placements plus source and risk assess potential new projects
- Maintain discipline and maintenance of community payback rules, dealing with any difficulties in a constructive manner.
- Encourage a learning environment and reinforce motivation of service users.
- Assist in the delivery of Health & Safety at Work and Vocational Skills learning.
You will need a current, clean driving license and will be expected to undertake a competency assessment to drive a minibus. Work breaks are taken whilst supervising service users on groups.
The below selection criteria lists the essential criteria that we are seeking from the successful candidate:
- Experience of supervision of others
- A strong team ethic
- The ability to demonstrate and instruct others
- The ability to be a positive role model
- Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences including use of IT systems
- Knowledge of Health & Safety in the work environment
The role of Norfolk & Suffolk CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with – service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 4 major towns: Norwich, Kings Lynn, Ipswich, Waveney. Norfolk & Suffolk CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.