|Salary||Band 4 starting salary £30,356 per annum||Sector||Social Care|
BeNCH CRC are currently recruiting for a Community Payback Senior Officer based in Northampton.
You will contribute to reducing reoffending, changing lives for the better and improving the quality of life for those under CRC supervision through effective delivery of probation services.
In particular this role will focus on supporting BeNCH CRC to deliver Community Payback to the desired quality standards. This will be achieved through data analysis to deliver efficiency and performance targets, monitoring of Health and Safety achieving continuous improvement.
You will supervise the activity of a dispersed and mobile staff team to ensure quality services are delivered and performance and contractual targets met. You will work in partnership with other agencies and local stakeholders to ensure coordinated service deliveryPackage description
Band 4 starting salary of £30,356 per annum
37 hours per week, 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, defined contribution pension scheme, company sick pay, group discount scheme
Will be required to work 1 in 4 weekendsMain responsibilities
- Supervise, and appraise the work, performance and conduct of staff in accordance with the expectations and requirements of the CRC.
- Ensure all working practices comply with Health & Safety regulations and the CRC policies and procedures with regard to the suitability of placements and service users.
- Ensure all service users are managed according to their risk, individual health and the requirements of Community Payback and Quality Standards.
- Ensure that all work undertaken by the CP unit has a thorough and up to date Health and Safety assessment to comply with regulations and procedures and maintain and implement H&S guidelines for the CP unit
- Organise and assign resources, including allocating tasks to staff in accordance with their job description and the needs of the organisation.
- Manage or oversee the delivery of all work Sessions and quality assurance processes to meet CP standards.
- Undertake regular evaluations of both placement provider/service user satisfaction
- Regularly assess the performance of relevant staff against the CP manual. Ensure effective QA assessments and provide feedback from performance monitoring.
- Ensure that placements are suitable for the provision of ETE delivery, and develop placements in conjunction with educational providers, and to ensure referrals to such placements are properly managed.
- Taking groups out to deliver community payback
- Assist the Manager to develop and maintain an up to date copy of documentation.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of presentations and training events. Contribute to the visibility and engagement strategy.
- Facilitate and manage team meeting.
- Ensure effective liaisons are in place with the Managers, Staff and Local Stakeholder.
- Work as part of a team to develop future delivery of CP across the CRC, ensuring that it meets the quality framework.
- Monitoring of performance, develop and implement, if required, improvement plans to deliver in line with objectives.
- Seek and develop new partnerships that are in line with Annual service and strategic plans.
- Monitor CP Scheduling to avoid all stand downs of service users and ensure full coverage of the CP requirements
- Monitor solo protect usage
- Maintain training Log
- Maintain tools , health and safety and maintenance log
- Manage and organise van maintenance
- Committing to improve the service delivery, efficiency and overall performance of Community Payback
- Value diversity and equality in all decision and implementation decisions
- Knowledge and implementation of Health and Safety of service delivery
- Display resilience and does not take set back personally
- Anticipates and adapts to new circumstances , constantly looking to create value and growth
- Openly encourages new thinking and perspectives and challenges their own thinking
- Excellent IT, communication and presentation skills
The role of BeNCH CRC is to rehabilitate service users, reduce reoffending and protect the public and we are one of six CRCs operated by Sodexo Justice Services in the UK. We work with service users both in the community and in custody to deliver the sentence of the court, to rehabilitate them and to provide a range of programmes and interventions to turn their lives around. We deliver effective offender management and rehabilitation services to low and medium risk service users and our highly skilled staff work in a range of disciplines to make a real difference. Our aim is to create a better future for the people we work with - service users, victims and their families and local communities. We are proud to have strong relationships with other criminal justice agencies, local authorities, health trusts, employment and training providers, and work with contracted partners to enhance delivery to our service users.
We serve the counties from the 10 major towns: Hemel, Stevenage, St Albans, Apsley, Kettering, Northampton, Wellingborough, Luton, Huntingdon, Peterborough. Essex CRC is an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants are considered on the basis of suitability for the post, irrespective of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age or religion.