- Job Reference: 00044933-1
- Date Posted: 23 November 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Glastonbury, Somerset
- Salary: £25,339 to £27,106
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Contract
Pluss, part of Seetec Pluss and the Seetec group, is an award-winning Community Interest Company that supports thousands of people each year to achieve a career and fulfil their true potential.
Our employment operations help jobseekers who need the most specialist support to find work. Our enterprise operations run alongside to create direct employment opportunities in a wide range of job roles. The projects give people the opportunity to get involved in local communities, meet new people and have fun through a range of activities.
We are recruiting a Community Coach to join out team. You will engage with disadvantaged people with multiple barriers; assessing their needs, aspirations and supporting with tailored support involving signposting and making referrals to other support, community activities, Positive People and other Pluss services. With the aim of enabling people to access support to become socially included, improve Health and wellbeing, possibly moving towards training, educations and/or employment. This role will involve engaging with people and encouraging them to be involved in a range of community groups, organisations and projects within a specified area, and developing local community relationships.
* Conduct welcome/introduction meetings for small groups or individuals, to undertake an initial needs assessment, sharing knowledge of local support available.
* To work collaboratively with other services who have a good knowledge of community activities and health/wellbeing support available, including those offered by the voluntary sector, community organisations, learning establishments, welfare to work and the NHS; aiming to encourage people to engage with these services and help them to overcome any barriers they may encounter.
* Undertake initial assessments with participants, update records and book follow-up meetings and with other organisations where appropriate.
* Act as point of contact, provide telephone/online support to a caseload of pre-referrals.
* Provide timely reviews, ad-hoc support and give advice to enable participants to achieve their goals and aspirations (as agreed in action plans and smart targets).
* Build good relationships with local community organisations to facilitate the development of natural support for people- including site visits.
* Work to the targets and KPI’s defined by the Performance Manager.
* Manage a personal caseload of ‘pre-referrals’, being the initial single point of contact, signposting appropriately to help remove barriers to people achieving their aspirations.
Skills and Experience
* A good working knowledge of the local labour market in the specified geographical locations
* Experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs, including health conditions and disabilities
* GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths at Grade C or above
* Fully IT literate in using a range of Microsoft Office programmes to include 365 products and modern digital technologies, i.e. Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business
* Level 3 Award in Employability Services Sector or equivalent
* Knowledge of the employability industry
* Knowledge of the recruitment industry
* Experience of working with people in the provision of ‘information, advice & guidance’
* Full driving licence to enable deployment across a specified geographical area (region), when required
Salary: £25,339 - £27,106 p.a (dependent on experience)
Location: based across Chard/Highbridge/Glastonbury
Hours: - 37hrs per week - Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 17.00pm Friday 8.30am – 16.30pm
Closing Date: 22 November 2021
Contract: FTC for 6 months
In light of Covid-19 Interviews will be undertaken via Microsoft Teams
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays + Birthday Day off, Pension, Competitive Salary, optional discounted Medical and Health Cash Plans, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Eye Care Scheme, access to a wide range of local and national discounts.
Pluss is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in any way. Our full policy statement of “Ex-Offenders” can be found on our website under "About us”.
Pluss is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity