|Job Title:||Communications Officer|
|Start Date:||2019-01-07 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jess Moreton|
|Job Published:||January 07, 2019 10:16|
Monday – Friday
37 hours per week
Contract – Fixed term until 31st May 2019 (possibility of extension)
£14.81 Per hour
Pertemps are recruiting for their well establishing client based in Bangor for a Communications officer.
As a member of the new Sands of LIFE project team, you will deliver the ambitious programme (from 01/09/18 to 31/12/22) of practical site restoration and monitoring and stakeholder engagement work planned for ten sand dune sites located in four Natura 2000 (N2K) sites in Wales. Together with other project team members, you will support the Project Manager in ensuring delivery of the project objectives and targets and in reporting progress according to agreed milestones. You will ensure good governance of the project, including strict adherence to procurement and wellbeing, health and safety practices.
This post will involve:
Leading and managing all communication and engagement aspects of the LIFE project, in line with the requirements of the European Commission and guidelines. Providing support for the Project Manager and wider team, ensuring timely delivery of project objectives and targets to agreed milestones.
- Contributing to developing governance structures and evidence-based reporting, in line with European Commission and the clients requirements.
- Working effectively with colleagues across the client but particularly with our communications, branding and digital leads and with our leads on interpretation and marketing.
- Ensuring adherence to internal guidance on procurement, branding and well-being, health and safety, alongside other staff procedures as required.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards strategic decisions to ensure the clients and the project’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
- Ensure all communications and engagement materials are of a high standard and targeted to the needs of identified audiences.
- Identify and develop an audience for the project.
- Develop and deliver the Project Communications Plan in collaboration with colleagues and partners/stakeholders, in line with European Commission and guidance and procedure.
- Working collaboratively, you will develop and deliver a detailed work programme (01/09/18 – 31/12/22) of stakeholder engagement work for the 10 project sites.
- Use your experience and skills to produce high-quality, engaging and effective content through all channels and activity, to achieve strategic outcomes and improve the quality of our stakeholders’ access to information about the project.
- Development and provision of an integrated flow of communication across a variety of channels (including digital), ensuring that a wide and varied audience is engaged. • Preparation and delivery of on- and off-site engagement for a wide range of audiences about sand dunes including:
- educational materials;
- assisting with guided walks/visits by a range of audiences;
- Story Map;
- written material including leaflets;
- interpretation boards
- attendance at public events such as agricultural shows;
- liaison with local councils and other community and special interest groups;
- large events aimed at engaging with the national and international sand dune community such as the Littoral conference.
- Support and facilitate appropriate partnerships with external and internal networks, public sector bodies, third sector organisations and others
- Use these relationships to develop collaborative opportunities with public, third and private sector partners.
- Build strong and trusting internal relationships based on your strong specialist skills and experience and your ability to give expert opinion and communications / engagement advice.
- Work to project management disciplines, aligned to the Communications Strategy and year work plans, across all activity to ensure detailed activity and resource planning.
- Make decisions on issues affecting reputational risk – either autonomously or with management support.
- Use your specialist skills and knowledge to ensure that the business complies with professional standards and corporate guidelines for all areas of work (data protection, branding, media, social media etc).
- As part of horizon scanning you will alert the business to potential reputational risks, advising on appropriate course of action for mitigation.
- Ensuring effective governance
- Manage projects, contracts and your work using the clients governance framework, ensuring decisions are timely and support our wider work.
Developing people and teams
- Ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff, volunteers and contractors and provide assurance of safe working practices.
- Ensure that you consistently meet the standards required to fulfil the service expectations of our internal and external customers/citizens and partners, and continuously plan to improve.
- Act as a role model for organisational values.
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion – be open to challenge yourself and challenge others if you encounter behaviour or language which is inappropriate.
- Combine confidence and resilience with a willingness to listen and learn.
Welsh Language Requirements:
Level 5 – Fluency in spoken and written Welsh
If you are interested in this position, please click the Apply button.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's