|Job Title:||Communications Manager|
|Salary:||Competitive package available with car allowance & health insurance.|
|Start Date:||2019-07-08 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Elanor Currin|
|Job Published:||July 08, 2019 10:43|
Want to work for a multi award winning employer? At Sodexo, we provide integrated facilities management services at corporate HQs, schools, universities and government sites across Ireland.
These are exciting times for Sodexo and we are now looking for a Communications Manager to join us working at our Dublin offices. This is a great opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary role, working closely with the County President for Ireland, the managing director for our Corporate Services business in Ire-land and other senior stakeholders, taking the lead for the island of Ireland in Sodexo’s UK and Ireland communications function.
Reporting into the Head of Communications (Corporate Services) you will be responsible for delivering the strategic external and employee communications plan to fully supports the business objectives of Sodexo in Ireland. This role also supports the communications plan for the Corporate Services segment, support the business’s communications programme across both the UK and Ireland.
Sodexo Ireland has a diverse client base including pharma, finance and manufacturing within business and industry, as well as schools and universities and some government contracts. This is an integrated communications role, covering communications to multiple audiences including employees, clients, consumers, prospects, trade bodies and associations, consultants and influencers.Main responsibilities
Sodexo Ireland Employee Communications
- Manage, deliver and measure employee communication campaigns, developing a calendar of activity to support business objectives and measuring the impact of communications on employees
- Create high quality employee communications content and campaigns and produce written materials
- Develop and enhance the appropriate local channels for good employee communication. Update Sodexo Ireland content on UK and Ireland internal digital channels – intranet, employee website, employee Facebook etc.
- Plan and execute key employee communications events
- Help promote employees’ participation in charity fundraising and volunteering for Sodexo’s Stop Hunger charities in Ireland
Sodexo Ireland and Corporate Services External Communications
- Work with the communications teams for the Sodexo’s UK and Ireland business divisions, particularly Corporate Services, to support client and prospect-facing communication in Ireland
- Help deliver a client/prospect communications plan designed to support operations on improving client retention and selling of additional services in Ireland
- Support the wider communications plan for Corporate Services in the UK and Ireland, manage the produc-tion of high-quality content and produce written materials, including case studies, blogs, speeches and presentations. Support logistics and content for events and speaking opportunities.
- Manage external agencies and PR freelancer to support media relations in Ireland
- Manage the Sodexo Ireland website, ensuring content is up-to-date
- Manage Sodexo Ireland social media channels
- Ensure that Sodexo Ireland content features regularly on Sodexo UK and Ireland digital and social channels
As you will be the sole Communications Manager based in the Dublin office you will need to be a strong all-round communications generalist and be able to work autonomously with remote line management.
- Experienced communications professional, with experience of employee communications, either in-house or in an agency
- Experience working in a large Irish organisation with local market knowledge and understanding
- Strong editorial, content creation and digital skills – a good eye for a story and a strong writer
- Good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail, a self-starter - able to work to tight deadlines and manage projects independently
- A good team-player who develops strong working relationships with people at all levels within an organisation and can influence in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrable experience of developing and executing communications plans that utilise a wide variety of media, including various digital platforms/channels
- Experience of setting and delivering against KPIs for communications and demonstrating personal and collective impact
- Graduate calibre
- Experience of working in a corporate environment, preferably for a blue-chip company (or supporting blue-chips through agency).
- Strong employee communications experience
- Proven social media and digital experience
- Experience in content creation and producing high quality written materials
- Some experience of crisis communication and change management
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, Defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Competitive package available with car allowance & health insurance.
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Up to £9.00 per hour
£45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience
£23,000 - £25,500
Technical Services Manager
Dublin and Cork
€50000 - €55000