|Job Title:||Communications Manager|
|Start Date:||2019-02-19 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Pendlebury|
|Job Published:||February 19, 2019 20:47|
HMP Forest Bank have a great opportunity for an experienced Communications Manager to join their team.
You will be required to develop and deliver communication strategies and plans that are aligned to the global Sodexo Justice strategy, to inform and engage staff and stakeholders. You will also provide advice, guidance and support to Directors, Senior Management and Line managers on communication and engagement techniques and best practice.
If you are passionate about employee engagement, have proven experience of working within communications and would like the chance to work within this unique environment this is great opportunity for you.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison’s capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in JusticePackage description
23 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
Performance related bonusMain responsibilities
- Produce and deliver regional communication plans and campaigns to encourage employee engagement, raise awareness and understanding of Justice messages.
- Manage existing and develop new local communication channels, to increase their use and ensure innovative, effective, timely and relevant delivery of messages.
- Act as a communications ‘subject matter expert’ for local senior managers when planning / executing their own local initiatives, projects and objectives.
- Provide content for Sodexo, Justice and regional communications, internally and externally, to promote our brand, manage our reputation and engage with our people, stakeholders and the public.
- Support the development of senior management and line managers as communicators to ensure effective two-way communication with our people.
- Take ownership of central delegated work packages by planning and controlling Sodexo corporate engagement initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with relevant internal departments including other communication and engagement leads in Sodexo to provide consistency and alignment of communication plans and demonstrate best practice.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering engagement and communication plans and campaigns
- Experience of working in a complex, operational environment
- Understanding of the importance of effective communication and employee engagement
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to foster good working relationships, providing advice, guidance and support at all levels in the organisation
- Flexibility to adapt plans as priorities move and change track
- Aware of the importance of brand reputation and how to carefully manage good and bad news, on a local level.
- Experience of working across a broad range of communication channels, both on and offline
- To confidently present ideas to senior managers and act as a knowledgeable resource
- Written work to be of a high standard
- Confidence in persuading and influencing internal stakeholders
- Professional qualifications in the communications field
- To confidently present to all levels in the business and large audiences
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 3 years’ worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's