- Job Reference: 00027826-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Northampton, Northamptonshire
- Salary: £17.90 Per Hour
- Sector: Sales & Marketing, Covid-19
- Job Type: Temporary
Futures Recruitment Services are recruiting for two communications officers who will be responsible for engaging and communicating with our communities on a breadth of issues and activities within our County.
The Communications team are busy delivering the priority COVID-19 communications plan. You will also be responsible for creating and deploying communications to support engagement with and communication of our other Council priorities.
If you thrive in a busy environment, are proactive, a positive and supportive team player, enjoy working on multiple different projects, are creative and want to use that in a way that your work makes a meaningful difference, then we would love to hear from you.
Our current priority is to communicate and engage with individuals, organisations, businesses and operational partners within Northamptonshire to deliver rapid and evolving communications on COVID-19.
We are leading the effort in helping to provide information on how to stay safe and protect each other, whilst living and conducting livelihoods in our County during the pandemic.
Responsibilities for Communications Officer
* Develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, stakeholder/Councillor briefings and social media content to a consistently high standard
* Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
* Work with communications team members colleagues across the wider organisation to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
* Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
* Attend meetings (virtual and in-person) and provide communications advice, own and develop action plans to deliver support as required.
* Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
* Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
* Produce and share regular work update reports and briefs for relevant audiences
* Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with corporate brand standards
* Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
Qualifications & Experience for Communications Officer
* 2+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role
* Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
* Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
* Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
* Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
* Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
* Ability to think under pressure and identify ways to improve communication efforts
* Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
* Knowledge of and ability to use media management platforms such as Hootsuite and Veulio
* Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices.
To discuss this role in more detail please call Kirsty.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.
This vacancy is advertised by Futures Recruitment Services who operate as an employment agency. Due to the high volume of applications received we are not able to reply to each personally and should you not hear from us within 7 days this means your application was not successful on this occasion