Commissioning Group Mechanical Test EngineerLocation:
Clyde, Faslane, UK - OnsiteCompensation:
£31,500 - £39,800 plus generous overtime of double pay on weekends and time and a half on weekdaysRole Type:
Full time / PermanentRole ID:
SF 49915The difference is you
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commissioning Group Mechanical Test Engineer at our Clyde site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation, and flexibilityClyde
The Commissioning Group Mechanical Test Engineer is based within our HMNB Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence's commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades, and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines. The roleThe difference our new Commissioning Group Mechanical Test Engineer will make
As a Commissioning Group Mechanical Test Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary.
Day to day, you'll conduct Submarine Commissioning and Testing tasks safely, on time, to specification and within an agreed budget, ensuring close liaison with all key stakeholders throughout. This a key part of the role, you will ensure client engagement at each stage.
You will apply logical thinking to resolve conflicting operational priorities and Commissioning requirements. You will be responsible for the reviewing of complex engineering documentation and participate in extensive technical discussions covering many engineering disciplines. The role will involve working on a number of different tasks on a daily basis or you could be involved in complex tasking, taking several days or weeks to complete.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role is onsite.Essential experience
What we offer
- Significant experience of working with propulsion and ships systems within a submarine operation, maintenance, or commissioning environment. Ideally gained within a Naval Marine, Offshore or Power Generation environment.
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or HNC with demonstrable experience in a relevant engineering discipline (Or relevant equivalence).
- Knowledge of high energy systems found within a safety critical environment with a strong focus on the application of Health & Safety principles to all work undertaken.
- Competent user of IT systems including ERP, database, and MS office software.
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard within a fast-moving, high-pressure environment.
- Good planning, organising and management skills. Along with effective communication skills and competence in stakeholder and relationship management.
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental, and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts, and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.Application Guidance
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Nuclear Engineering, Testing, Test Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, ERP, Engineering, Technology