Commis Chef - Luxury Break Hotel - Hungerford - Live In - Up to £20K
|Job Title:||Commis Chef - Luxury Break Hotel - Hungerford - Live In - Up to £20K|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £22000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Rob Jones|
|Job Published:||March 18, 2019 12:58|
Fantastic opportunity for a Commis Chef to join a fantastic Leisure Hotel on the outskirts of Hungerford. The Group is an established name in the high end leisure escape market with 13 unique hotels across the UK. It has been named on the Sunday Times Best Big Companies in the UK for past 15 years.
Are you an experienced Commie Chef looking for a role with a good work/life balance, opportunities for development and some great perks? If so then look no further...
The Sous Chef role will involve.....
* Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/freezers/storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas.
* Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
* Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away.
* Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
* Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management.
* Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance).
* Set-up and break down work station with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies, ensuring items are to established specs, ensuring adequate fill of containers, storing items appropriately, and cleaning station as appropriate.
* Follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures and pest control guidelines, reporting pest control issues to appropriate personnel.
* Disassemble and assemble kitchen equipment following safety procedures when cleaning.
* Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment.
* Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
* Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items.
* Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
* Understanding of food wastage and the effects on food cost and revenues
* Breakdown work station and return and label back-up items according to proper food handling procedures.
* Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
* Good communication and teamwork to assist other chefs on different sections to provide professional, positive and timely service
* Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
* Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
* Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
* Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
* Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
* Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
* Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
* Follow company and department policies and procedures.
* Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Experience & Training:
* Work in a high volume catering kitchen
What's in it for you?....
* Salary: Up to £20,000
* Staff accommodation available at £40 P/Week
* Free use of the many of the leisure facilities available on site.
* 20% team member discount across the group - including great discounts on UK holiday parks and breaks.
* Excellent training and development
* Rewards & recognitions
* Meals provided (Breakfast and dinner daily)
* Full uniform provided
* Predominantly straight shifts with latest finish 21.30
If you are interested in this role then please apply directly to this advert or please call Rob Jones at Blue Arrow Newbury on 01635 34949.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commis Chef - Luxury hotel destination / 2 starred Michelin Restaurant - Great Milton
£17000.00 - £19000.00 per annum
Chef de partie - Chichester - £23,000 - Hotel - Live In
Chichester, West Sussex
£8.5 - £9.5 per hour + tips
Snr Sous Chef - Luxury 4* Hotel
£28000 per annum
Head Chef - Luxury Country Inn - Letcombe Regis - Up to £40,000
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Chef de partie - Live in
£21000 - £24000 per annum, Benefits: live in accomodation, tips