My client is looking for a Commis Chef for a busy hotel based in Huntingdon
Previous experience of food or beverage service in a similar style of operation preferred but not essential
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Flexible hours in line with business needs
Must be well presented and have excellent personal hygiene
Education or Certification
Good level of English essential
Basic Food Hygiene Certificated SPECIFIC DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
1. Ensure that you have full product knowledge of all menu items and their service.
2. Supplying the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the Heart of the House
3. To assist the Senior Chef team in all aspects of the day to day running of the Kitchen
4. To assist in the running of a section under the guidance of the Senior Chefs
5. To be capable of taking charge of any section in the kitchen and running it competently.
Job Description Commis Chef
6. To act upon training given by the Senior Chefs
7. To be enthusiastic in completion of jobs that are set
8. To ensure the kitchen is clean and tidy at all times.
9. To be capable of preparing dishes with a minimum of wastage.
10. To be fully aware of the Accident Reporting Procedure. Maintenance Fault Procedure and Fire Policy.
11. To understand how the hotel Health and Safety Policy affects your department and how it links in with the rest of the hotel.
12. To respond and act upon any reasonable request by Senior Management.
13. Follow all Health & Safety Procedures
Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
Complies with policies and procedures.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than your contracted hours.
Close to the A14 corridor, free onsite parking