|Salary||£19000 per annum||Sector||Catering & Hospitality|
Location: TW20, Thorpe, Surrey
Pay Rate: £19,000 p/a
Contract Term: Permanent
Working Days: Thursday to Sunday and some additional function days
Working Times: 12pm to 9.30pm (up to 45 hours a week in peak season)
- Free parking for staff
- Free meals provided, 3 times a day (lunch, snacks, dinner)
- Beautiful location
- Independent gastropub
Working alongside 2 Sous Chefs, 1 other Commis Chef and a General Manager, you will be planning and creating seasonal meals, traditional Sunday lunches and a wide-range of classic favourites from locally sourced ingredients to both the local community and tourists visiting Thorpe Park, Virginia Waters and the surrounding lakes. Service consists of lunch and evening meals as well as mains throughout the day.
The pub is located 6 minutes’ drive from Egham train station (2 miles), Virginia Water train station (2.4 miles) and 12 minutes from Staines train station (3.7 miles). There are no bus routes to this pub, so it is essential that you are able to drive or cycle to this location.
The owners of this pub are a husband and wife team who provide a welcoming and warm atmosphere for their guests, as well as a great child-friendly environment.
- Assist with the menu creation
- Report directly to the Sous Chef, working alongside another Commis Chef
- Work under pressure by helping to prepare and cook for the service
- Maintain all health, hygiene and safety standards to a high level
- Help with daily deliveries and stocking / restocking
- Experience working in a fresh food environment at Commis Chef level
- Ability to take orders and process them efficiently
- A friendly person with good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Enthusiastic about developing skills and knowledge
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.