|Salary||£60000 - £80000 per annum||Sector||Professional & Admin|
To ensure compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley financial controls for projects within the business units
- Business partnering with key personnel to understand primary cost / revenue drivers and variances
- Daily liaison with operational and commercial management to understand costs and to provide both challenge and support to forecasts & budgets
- Detailed project analysis of monthly project financials and forecasts
- Operational vessel analysis to understand cost drivers and identify efficiency savings
- Assist Head of Finance: Power in completing complex price analyses for project tenders, as required
- Support the finance team in preparation of monthly Management Information Pack and analysis for presentation to Head of Finance: Power
- Month-end project journal preparation
- Assistance with any ad-hoc financial analyses
- Assistance in development of in-house finance/costing models (MS Excel based)
- Support preparation of project financial models for new bids and tenders
- Completion of ongoing and post-project financial reviews with full project team of completed projects outlining budget differences and variances from original plan
- Assistance with annual budgeting where required
- Monitor contracts and ensure that all customer invoices / credit notes / contract variations are raised & logged in an accurate and timely fashion. Keep project managers informed on status of customer payments
- Provide commercial finance cover and support as directed to the Telecoms business unit
- Ad hoc duties as required
- 2–5 years post-qualified (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Experience of monthly variance analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Ability to understand technical & operational issues at a high level and translate these into financial terms.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills.
- Ability to present & explain financial terms to non-financial managers.
- Project accounting (non IT/Finance projects) and, ideally, knowledge of revenue recognition accounting under US GAAP
- Ability to work pro-actively & independently managing varying workloads on different projects but managing time to meet all deadlines as they fall due