|Salary||£30000 - £40000 per annum||Sector||Executive and Management|
Reporting to: Managing Director
Currently representing a company who own, maintain and manage a fleet of specialist vessels, and crew them, are seeking a Commercial Manager to complete their team in Poole.
This role provides the commercial backbone for the business; ensuring that robust strategies and processes continuously improve all aspects of sales and purchasing activities. This is achieved through the acquisition and analysis of relevant data, clear communication and a mature change of management skillset.
From specialist vessel charter, dredging and facilities management, their services are as diverse as the requirements of their customers.
• Responsible for all commercial and contractual aspects of sales activities; from initial enquiry, through to settlement of final accounts, including the timely preparation of quotations, tenders and marine contracts, invoices and dispute resolution.
• Actively collaborates with the Operations Manager to consistently meet, or exceed customer expectations, maximise asset utilisation and ensure all costs and chargeable activities are communicated efficiently.
• Provides leadership on sales and marketing strategy; developing new business leads, enhancing present partnerships and exploiting existing strategic/market advantages.
• Responsible for ensuring all commercial projects are planned and can be executed in a manner which preserves the environment and the safety, health and well-being of all stakeholders; meeting or exceeding applicable legislation.
• Identifies, advises on and actively mitigates tactical and strategic commercial risks for the business.
• Monitors, manages and reports on own performance and the effectiveness of key improvement initiatives, using agreed metrics. Devises and implements appropriate countermeasures, through collaboration with colleagues where appropriate.
• To become involved in other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Minimum 5 years direct involvement in commercial marine projects, engaged at a senior level in commercial tendering, estimating, contracting and/or project management.
- Application of Lean tools and techniques, process analysis, visual management and continuous improvement.
- Clean UK driving licence
- Familiar with UK safety, health and environmental legislation & comfortable in undertaking risk analysis (in a project context)
- Proficient in use of MS Office software core products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher)
- Delivering improvements through strategic procurement initiatives.
- Leading change projects and programmes.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree.
- MCIPS or similar level or professional accreditation.
- Proficient in the use of Sage business systems and peripheral applications.
- Proficient in use of MS Project
Suitable for someone who enjoys commerce, negotiation and developing positive business relationships. Is self-motivated and able to think and work strategically. Is content working in a small team and relishes relative autonomy and the opportunity to deliver tangible business improvements.
Not suitable for someone who prefers a more specialist commercial role or someone who doesn't like to get hands on'!
To hear more about this exciting opportunity please call Michelle on 02380 63 33 99!