- Job Reference: 00039939-1
- Date Posted: 20 February 2021
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Exeter, Devon
- Salary: £30,000 to £50,000
- Sector: Legal, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity is available for two experienced Commercial/Corporate Lawyers to join a specialist law firm based in Exeter. The successful candidates will have the option to work full or part time, Monday - Friday, earning a salary package of £30,000 - 50,000+ p/a (DOE), based on a fixed base salary and fee-share scheme related to each transaction they are involved in. The salary is not capped; the only ceiling is your own passion, drive and commitment!
Truelegal is a niche law firm with big ideas and a growing reputation. Our Commercial Solicitors specialise solely in acting for clients who are buying, selling or moving their business and have worked on over 3,500 business transactions nationwide, typically ranging from £50,000 to £1m in value with outliers over £10 million in value. Our client base is just as broad. We work across many sectors and help care homes to accountants, letting agents to Amazon/e-commerce resellers, hospitality to retail, and many more commercial clients. As a result, we know the core buying and selling process inside out.
We offer an informal and flexible working environment that fosters positive outcomes for our solicitors and clients alike. Join our friendly team and you can play a pivotal role in our continued growth and success.
With excellent communications skills and an approachable manner, you will build strong and trusting client relationships in order to develop and grow, new and existing business. Responsible for your own caseload and conversion of prospects supplied through our existing marketing platform, with minimal secretarial support, your role will include:
* Handling all aspects of the business sale and acquisition process (including related commercial property work, with additional training if required)
* Drafting agreements and legally binding contracts for clients
* Guiding clients through due diligence, and drafting and negotiating a watertight sales contract
* Supporting and helping to grow a small team of solicitors, acting for business buyers and sellers across the UK
* Leading and managing a team of solicitors
* Assisting with marketing and business development
* Working alongside other team members to further develop our business process
To be the right person for this role, you will be self-motivated, have an entrepreneurial flair and won’t be afraid to break free from the traditional law firm model. In addition, the following key skills and experience are essential:
* At least 2 - 6 years post-qualification experience (capable Commercial Property Solicitor/Corporate Solicitor/Business Solicitor)
* An energetic and ambitious lawyer, motivated by business development and efficiency
* Excellent communication skills: someone who enjoys business development and building relationships with clients, broker introducers, accountants and third parties
* Technical expertise and commercial nous
* Excellent IT skills
* A natural team leader with some people management experience and a passion for getting the best out of others
* Willing to take control of your own career and play a pivotal role in growing the business
* Familiar with the transactional side of buying and selling businesses, whether it be a straightforward asset sale or a share purchase
* Knowledge and experience of commercial property leases and their grant/transfer/surrender (advantageous)
* A passion for helping small business owners achieve their business goals, whether they’re a serial entrepreneur, a first-time business buyer, or a corporate consolidator
* Performance-related quarterly fee share bonus
* Casual (smart) dress
* On-site parking
* Company pension
* Flexible schedule
* Some work from home possible
* Potential to make a big difference in a small team
Our office is based on an Exeter business park, backing onto parkland with easy access to the M5 and A30, the Moors and Devon coast. So, if you’re a Commercial Lawyer yearning for a better work/life balance, then this is a fantastic opportunity to escape the corporate conveyor belt, join a forward-thinking firm, and take charge of your career.
Click “apply” to submit your CV detailing why you think you are a fit for this role as a Commercial Lawyer in Exeter.
COVID-19 considerations: We have a COVID-19 safe and spacious office environment but, even in normal times, we encourage working from home to break up the working week. Our IT is fully cloud-based, so remote working is possible