Commercial Finance Manager
|Job Title:||Commercial Finance Manager|
|Salary:||Up to £40,000|
|Start Date:||2019-06-18 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Candy|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2019 15:24|
Following an exciting contract win, we are currently seeking a Commercial Finance Manager to assist in the preparation, production and reporting of the contract’s monthly results and maintain all financial control procedures relevant to their area including revenue and cost controls.
This role will predominantly work Monday - Friday, however will also be required to work football matches and major events during weekends and evenings throughout the year to ensure robust cash controls are in place.
Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship and RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
For more information on the company see Careers in Sports and Leisure
Up to £40,000 per annum, depending on experience + benefitsMain responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all Sodexo policies, procedures and reporting timetables.
- Provide excellent commercial support to the site operational teams, the client and to the wider Sodexo organisation
- Manage the relationships with internal and external clients whilst adhering to Sodexo standards
- Ensure accurate accounting entries in relation to cash, purchase invoices, accruals and prepayments are actioned in line with the monthly and weekly timetables.
- Ensure weekly unit trading returns are completed and full reconciliations of cash postings, supplier accounts and any outstanding customer / client debt are produced.
- Liaise with onsite teams to ensure all costs are accurately captured in the correct months
- Produce insightful monthly reports for the Heads of Department to facilitate robust reviews and to action continuous improvements.
- Assist with the regular budgeting and forecasting process and ensure reporting of relevant KPIs is carried out in a timely manner.
- Ensure adequate controls are in place to capture all costs and revenues and that the operation is in line with the contract agreed with the client.
- Ensure all events and activities have adequate commercial staffing to allow for safe and compliant cash control in line with company policy. Also to challenge event pre-costings to ensure plans / forecasts are as accurate as they can be and that profit is maximised.
- Support and assist other stadia in the region.
- Professional accountancy qualification (qualified by experience may be considered)
- Good Excel and variance analysis skills
- Desirable to have good working knowledge of SAP FICO and other accounting systems
- Desirable to have experience of producing management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Desirable to have knowledge of a high volume retail and cash environment
- Desirable to have knowledge of contract catering
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 37,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their age, disability, gender, transgender, marital or family status, race or ethnicity, religious belief of sexual orientation are welcome to and included within our business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's