Joining one of the most recognisable parcel delivery companies/brand, operating in The UK, to support them with a busy period in the year.
Pick yourself up some work through The Easter Period, offering excellent an Hourly Pay Rate and Monday to Saturday Shift Patterns.
You'll be delivering excellent service to customers, delivering parcels to up to 50 different locations per day, across South Wales.
As a Collection and Delivery (Multi-Drop Van Driver), your duties will include:
- Driving a 3.5 Tonne Van, loaded with parcels
- Delivering up to 50 different locations/drops per day
- Ensuring that you use the parcel scanners correctly, to ensure that it calculates the most effective route for you on each shift
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Completing necessary driver and vehicle safety checks
- Using Sat-Nav provided by the company effectively
Skills and qualifications required:
- UK Driving Licence (Category B)
- Previous Multi-Drop Van Driver experience
- Sufficient understand of The South Wales Geographical Location
- Great customer service skills
- A good degree of physical fitness, due to the demands and nature of the role (loading/unloading parcels from vehicle)
- The ability to use Parcel Scanner and Driver's Sat-Nav
If successful with your application/interview process with Blue Arrow, you will need to complete a vetting process, before being able to start this assignment/work.
To be able to complete the vetting process, we will need you to bring the following documents into The Blue Arrow Cardiff Office (once being offered an interview)
- Proof of right to work in The UK e.g. Passport, Birth Certificate, European Union (EU) Card etc.
- Proof of National Insurance (NI) Number e.g. Letter from Job Centre or HRMC, Payslip or National Insurance Card
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Proof of address e.g. Utility Bill, Stamped Bank Statement (Must be dated within the previous 3 months of start date)
- CV - With 10-year employment history (Explaining how you managed financially with any gaps in employment)
- 5-year address history
Assignment Length and Pay Rate Details:
You will be employed through Blue Arrow - Cardiff (Recruitment Agency), working with our client who is located in Newport.
You would be paid weekly, working one week in advance to payment and every pay day is on a Friday.
We are recruiting to support our client with a serge in business through Easter (1-2 Weeks).
Depending on your performance and your personal commitments and priorities, there are possibilities for further assignments with our client and potential for temporary to permanent opportunities, meaning that our client could offer you a permanent role within their business.
Shifts worked from Monday to Friday will be paid at a Standard Hourly Pay Rate of £10.01 per hour. If you complete a shift on a Saturday, The Hourly Pay Rate will be £11.01 per hour. Sunday Shifts will be paid at £12.01 per hour and Bank Holiday Shifts will also be paid at £12.01 per hour.
In return we offer:
- 1-2 week's work through Easter
- Excellent Hourly Pay Rate of £10.01 per hour
- Sociable Hours (08:00am Start Time) with Monday-Saturday Shift Patterns
- Blue Arrow Superstars Reward Scheme where you can win a voucher for being an Employee of the Month
If this sounds of an interest to you, please call Cameron at Blue Arrow Cardiff or alternatively apply online and we will get back to you.