|Job Title:||CNC Setter|
|Salary:||£9.3 per hour|
|Start Date:||2018-12-10 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Morton|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2018 12:09|
The purpose of this role is to set and operate CNC machines for a high range of manifolds both in aluminium and steel.
Main duties for the CNC Setter/Operator:
- To set, machine, and inspect a wide range of manifolds.
- To work in line with systems and processes defined within the ISO9001 & ISO14001 quality & Environmental standard.
- To be responsible for the quality and quantity of their own work.
- To comply with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures (safety glasses / shoes / PPE / work wear etc.) reporting any relevant issues to line supervision.
- To help train all existing, new or transferred employees (temporary and permanent labour), within the scope of an Setter/Operator role.
- To cover any activities as required by the Team Leader / Line Manager irrespective of current job role and product group.
- To utilize Lean System (LS) principles and work practices to identify opportunities for improvement with the objective of achieving personal, departmental and plant goals.
- To perform housekeeping, 6S and TPM activities as appropriate.
• Demonstrates an understanding of machining instructions, gauges & the Hitachi Seki DNC planning system
• Demonstrates a proficiency in measuring product tolerances.
• To ensure that all work is carried out in a conscientious and timely manner.
• Demonstrate proficiency in setting a variety of CNC machines.
• Demonstrates flexibility within the work area, irrespective of job role.
• Demonstrate involvement in and contribution to Lean activities including the use of SOP, generating ideas for improvement in work areas, identifying and carrying out 6s activities and taking ownership of housekeeping within the work area
• To perform housekeeping, 6S and TPM activities as appropriate. To be aware of the process flow charts and department standards that are available and operate in line with them
If you are interested in the role please click APPLY!
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering & Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available in these sectors at www.pertemps.co.uk
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!'
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CNC Setter / Operator
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Assistant Machine Setter
£22800 - £24000 per annum
Wickman Multis Setter
£10.53 - £14.74 per hour
Press / Setter Operator
£23000 - £24000 per annum
£15.75 - £17.50 per hour + Additional Benefits