My client design, engineer, manufacture and sell Gas Springs, Dampers and Struts for the most demanding applications from marine and food to aerospace and medical. They are a progressive and expanding company therefore opportunities to progress your career are available.
Reporting to the Production Manager, initially you will program and operate a range of CNC machines; including Mori Seiki 2 axis lathe, Doosan 5 axis lathe and Citizen 7 axis sliding head lathe, 3 axis milling machines and various other manual and semi-automatic machines. Experience with sliding head lathes would be a distinct advantage.
It is the aim of the company to utilise any spare capacity of these machines to offer their customers sub-contract machining. As you grow into the role you will be responsible for the smooth running of this offering, including dealing with customer requests and producing quotes.
They are looking for someone with a mix of practical engineering skills, experience with CNC machines and entrepreneurial flair.
My client is building a skilled and flexible workforce, who want to develop. You will integrate into their existing team to become a valued link in the manufacturing process, able to multi-role and produce a high quality, volume output.
As this is a new venture for the company you will be given a huge amount of responsibility and autonomy, while being supported by management.
● Progressive pay based on performance and skills
● Good working hours and overtime opportunities
● Productivity bonus and incentive schemes
● Pension opportunities
● Excellent professional development on offer
● Percentage of sub-contract earnings
Role & Responsibilities
Initial Role (Supervisor):
● You will be responsible for organising the daily workflow utilisations and capacities.
● Read and work to Engineering drawings, which includes liaising with Production Engineering and Design teams
● You will be familiar with ERP functionality and be able to schedule & allocate job orders
● Organising & scheduling the daily production job orders to achieve optimum capacity output
● Assign & schedule daily 5S & preventative maintenance tasks
● Prepare and monitor overnight running
● Manage Operational Visual Display information for Performance, Delivery & Quality and implement corrective actions
● New product programming & existing optimisation of standard product programs
● Programming and operating our CNC and Manual machinery
● Helping to improve processes and develop a LEAN working environment
● Producing one-off components to small batch work from a range of materials
● Other roles relating to production, such as assembly and stock management
● Key opportunity to lead & supervise the junior team for the right candidate. This will include mentoring others' performance, general supervisory/management of CNC operators, and CNC/engineering staff training
Expanding Role (Manager):
● Speaking with customers to understand their requirements
● Analyse drawings and develop manufacturing plans
● Quote customers for works
● Seek new opportunities for expansion of the business
● Oversee subcontract production and ensure On-time delivery full delivery
Measures of Performance
As a company, my client strives for continual improvement and look for team players who are keen to improve themselves too. Some of the characteristics they look for are:
● Ability to perform the various tasks as required by your role
● Attention to detail
● Productive output
● Quality of output
Soft Skills and Character Traits:
● Awareness of QMS policy and operation
● An advocate of H&S Excellence
● Communication Skills
● Ability to respond to and change
● Speed of learning and skill retention
● Self-direction & problem solving
● Work ethic and motivation to get things done
● Focus on customer satisfaction
● Spotting and highlighting problems or opportunities for improvement
● Desire to improve oneself and undertake new roles
● Commercial acumen
If you feel this could be for you then please apply with your CV