Cluster Team Manager
- Job Reference: 00073013-1
- Date Posted: 11 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Barnet, London
- Salary: £32,398
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent
We are one of the largest learning disability charities in the UK, supporting over 2,500 people through our friendly, supportive, creative and diverse teams.
Join us as a manager with Hft and you’ll develop your social care career with one of the leading names in the sector. You’ll go to work each day knowing you can make a real difference to the lives of adults with learning disabilities.
About the role
As a Cluster Team Manager at Hft you’ll be supporting adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible. You will be a role model to others through demonstrating excellent support to those we support and you will help the Registered Area Managers to coach, support and manage staff teams effectively. You will be responsible for nurturing and inspiring those coming to work for Hft to help ensure we have the best staff teams offering great support services. This role also offers great opportunities for career progression to help you develop your knowledge and skills.
The purpose of the role role is to assist the Registered Area Manager by holding delegated responsibility in key areas of the day-to-day running of the supported living activity/service. You will also have delegated responsibility for the direct supervision and line management of a team of support workers.
Alongside the Registered Area Manager, you are responsible and accountable for monitoring, maintaining and providing the highest standards of clinical and personal support and service delivery, while promoting independence and choice to the people supported in the service.
As a senior member of the team, you will promote and lead good practice at all times, doing all you can to make sure that the people we support and their colleagues come to no harm and that the people we support are satisfied with the level of support they receive by acting as an exemplary role model.
The role continues to be responsible for all duties set out in the Support Worker job descriptions.
As a Cluster Team Manager, flexibility is important for both you and for the service. We provide 24/7 support to some people, so you will need to have flexibility to work shifts on a rota basis, including nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
What we offer
We offer a range of benefits and career development opportunities. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
• Apprenticeships - gain a fully funded Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management whilst earning
• Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a range of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out and also includes an Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and face-to-face support options
• Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
• Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
• 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory bank holidays) (pro rata for part time staff)
• A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
• Free DBS Check
• We ask all our teams to take advantage of the Covid-19 vaccination, which is offered to frontline support workers as a priority group. We strongly encourage all colleagues to remain fully vaccinated as part of our wider infection control procedures.
• You will have experience supporting adults with complex learning disabilities.
• You need good IT skills and experience of maintaining records to be a success in this role.
• You need to hold a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (or acceptable equivalent) OR have the ability to achieve this within 18 months of appointment.
• If you do not already have a relevant qualification in Health and Social Care, Hft will fully fund and provide training for you to obtain your Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management within the first 12-18 months of your employment.
• If you have the passion for delivering high quality care and support services to people with learning disabilities and you want to make a difference to enable people to live a more fulfilling and independent life – then this is the role for you.
Closing date: Tuesday 31st May 2022
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
You may have experience of the following: Team Coordinator, Team Leader, Care Leader, Senior Support Worker, Day Centre Team Leader, Disability, Vulnerable Adults, Day Service Team Leader, Learning Disabilities Charity, Third Sector, NFP, Social Care, etc.
Ref: (Apply online only)