Cluster Chef Manager
Job Title: Cluster Chef Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Overall Objectives: To manage the smooth and efficient operation of the house kitchens in your cluster to ensure the company's reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
* To ensure that house chefs plan, prepare, cook and present food to the standards required by the company and the client.
* To ensure that the company's reputation for excellent food and service is enhanced with the client and customers.
* To monitor and control portion size and waste in your houses.
* To ensure supplies are correctly issued, used and accounted for to carry out stock takes and food rotation procedures.
* To ensure house chefs maintain records relating to food production activities and supplier information and collate and report on this information as required by the General Manager.
* To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety Standards are maintained in line with company policy.
* To set objectives and be responsible for the day to day management of the house kitchens in your cluster including supervising the recruitment and selection process to ensure that if effectively meets the need of the location
* To assess employee performance and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
* To hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets, standards required and company and client information.
* To ensure compliance with the company's policy on safer recruitment and safeguarding children and young adults at all times whilst at work.
* To ensure that customers are given a prompt and efficient service and expectations are consistently exceeded.
* To be customer focused at all times, approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
* To ensure all food is cooked, presented and served in line with company standards as outlined in the Restaurant and Grab & Go guides, using innovation in the method and style of presentation and food service.
* To ensure that you deliver what you promise to the customer, client and team.
* To ensure that all agreed service objectives are met in line with client expectations.
* To deal with complaints about food in accordance with the company's procedure.
* To assess team performance in each of your houses and recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
* To ensure training is carried out in line with the company training policy to meet the needs and requirements of the individual
* To ensure that all employees are knowledgeable and motivated about their roles and the business through effective induction, accurate job descriptions and on the job training.
* To develop the team by empowering them, supporting them, encouraging them and maintaining an 'open door' policy.
* To motivate and lead by example, ensuring you and your team have fun at work and are proud of your efforts.
* To treat your team at location as you would expect to be treated.
* To carry out disciplinary procedures following company guidelines and standards.
* To ensure that all standards of food preparation and service are established and achieved in line with location budget.
* To maintain budgetary records and ensure that all budgets are adhered to.
* To ensure house chefs order all necessary food, dry goods and equipment, obtaining best buys in line with directives from Supply Chain.
* To complete stock takes with the house chefs and evaluate and calculate the cost of sales results.
* To ensure that the General Manager receives all appropriate financial information from your houses promptly and accurately.
* To prepare financial performance reports as required by the General Manager.
* To communicate financial performance to your houses and address up any areas of under performance
* To ensure that all bookwork is completed in a timely fashion, accurately and efficiently and in line with procedures.
Health & Safety, Food Safety, the Environment:
* To ensure that the kitchen meets statutory and company requirements of Health and Safety, Food Safety and environment legislations and procedures.
* To conduct Food Safety and Health and Safety Risk Assessments and ensure that all standards and procedures with regard to Hygiene and Safety are established and maintained in line with the company manual.
* To ensure all kitchen staff and high-risk food handlers are trained to the appropriate standard.
* To ensure all appropriate staff are trained on the use and cleaning of dangerous equipment.
* To ensure all equipment is well maintained and is in good working order.
* To make recommendations for renewal and replacement of equipment when required.
* To establish and maintain location cleaning schedules.
* To ensure that all company procedures and work instructions are fully understood and practised by all employees.
* To attend all health and safety training courses as required.
* To promote and encourage environment improving initiative, as appropriate within the business.
* To take responsibility for contributing towards your own development with the guidance of your Manager and attending training courses as identified.
* To show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
* To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
* To attend to any reasonable request made by the client.
* To assist the General Manager.
The client "is is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List Check must be obtained for this role."
This appointment is offered on return of satisfactory professional references.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year