|Salary||£38,000 - £41,000 depending on experience||Sector||Health & Medical|
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Clinical Dietitian to advise on relevant nutrition and dietetics issues; providing in-house nutrition and dietetics expertise which includes reviewing and drawing on current research, publications and good practice.
In this role, you’ll assist with new business and existing customer retention tenders – attending sampling days, site visits, preparing dietetic information and contributing to presentations.
You’ll be the strategic link between Client Dietitians/Speech and Language Therapists and Sodexo where matters on food and hydration are concerned.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, based in Birmingham, but with the additional responsibility for Doncaster remotely, with attendance as required
You must be prepared to undertake national travel and/or overnight stays as business requirements fluctuateMain responsibilities
- Provide dietetic input and expertise to support all aspects of food service delivery
- Lead the transformation of dietetic theory into practice in collaboration with the Clinical Lead, IFM and Product Manager (Food) plus other members of a multidisciplinary team as appropriate
- Promote new ideas for product development and provide feedback to relevant/key suppliers i.e. identified gaps in current ranges
- Assist with menu reviews, ensuring that the nutritional content of the menus meets national standards and encompasses all reasonable dietary requirements, religious beliefs and the wide range of cultural diets
- Develop an effective strategic working relationship with Sodexo Head of Nutrition, supplier dietitians plus contract specific dietitians; ensuring best practice is shared and disseminated as appropriate
- Contribute to the analysis of PLACE, PSS and CQC data to establish areas for service improvements specifically relating to food and nutrition
- Support the creation of Health and Safety policies relating to aspects of food service
- Creation and dissemination of diet and nutrition training for site based operatives
- Development of web of influence outside of Sodexo: including but not limited to British Dietetic Association, Hospital Caterers Association, National Association of Care Catering
- Creation of case studies to demonstrate Sodexo credentials in terms of providing clinical nutrition
- Always seeking to improve on the quality and access to nutrition and dietetics information for customers
- Ensure patient and staff feedback are incorporated into any food service development activities
- Support sites with information relating to compliance with CQC Outcome 5
- A Registered Dietitian (valid Health & Care Professions Council number) and evidences regular CPD activities
- Active member of the BDA Food Services Specialist group
- Proven dietetics experience, some of which has been within the NHS ideally with some paediatric experience
- Previous exposure to working as a dietitian within the food service or food manufacturing industry
- Competence in the use of nutritional analysis software and data accuracy in nutritional analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management and high level of organisation
- Effective presentation skills
- Able to meet deadlines and targets in a timely and effective way
- Ability to be a successful team player as well as working autonomously as the role requires
- Flexible and able to respond to last minute requests
- Prepared to undertake national travel and/or overnight stays as business requirements fluctuate
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.