Clerk of Works
|Job Title:||Clerk of Works|
|Salary:||£24366 - £27356 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-05-09 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Tony Baker|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2019 15:07|
Purpose of the role:
To assist with the supervision of building contracts of varying degrees of complexity and value.
Your new role/Duties:
- Check drawings for discrepancies or errors in dimensions/detail, and compare with Bills of Quantities, and report possible problems/discrepancies to the project Supervising Officer.
- Undertake inspection of work on site, ensuring that the work is executed to the standard specified by the Supervising Officer, and also that work complies with the current building standards.
- Check and confirm with the Contractor that all setting out, ground levels, drainage connections etc. are set properly before preparing site.
- Check the position, dimensions and plumb of structural members, walling etc. and of concrete shuttering before concrete is poured.
- Attend all sites when concrete is being mixed and poured, ensuring that the relevant concrete cube and sand/aggregate quality tests are taken.
- Monitor continually standard of work and attend on site for testing /commissioning of equipment such as air/smoke tests on pipes/sewers.
- Maintain records and undertake associated administration duties e.g. issue Clerk of Works Directions, compile progress reports, and attend site meetings.
- Monitor Contractor's progress against the works programme, record any deviation from the schedule and keep the Supervising Officer informed.
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety. To ensure that the Service's responsibilities in relation the Health & Safety are achieved by implementing, promoting and monitoring safe working practices and ensuring compliance with safety regulations and the Corporate and
- Service Health and Safety Policies.
- To carry out other responsibilities assigned by team Co-ordinator.
- Qualifications: Required to possess HNC in Building Construction or
- Experience: Required to have substantial experience of the construction industry, preferably practical site experience.
- Be mobile throughout the Council area.
- A current driving licence.
If you're interested in this role, please apply online or send your CV to email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Externals Site Supervisor/Manager
Competitive hourly rate!
GREAT DAY RATE OR SALARY AVAILABLE!
£17.93 per annum
Mechanical bias Estimator - £64k
£60000 - £64000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance and bonus
Mobile Maintenance Gas Engineer
£30000 - £34000 per annum