|Salary||9.00 per hour||Sector||Miscellaneous|
We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Supervisor to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- Working 06.00 - 13.30, Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday working
- To have a full understanding of the cleaning standards required in the areas that are covered by the cleaning department, this will include the time frames in which the cleaning needs to be completed by
- To be responsible for the work allocation in the cleaning team, in conjunction with the FM Services Manager
- To support the FM Services Manager in ensuring safety initiatives are rolled out and implemented
- In conjunction with the FM Services Manager, to carry out cleaning audits across the department to monitor cleaning standards
- To support all new Cleaning Operatives in their new role in relation to site familiarization, equipment training and Health and Safety training
- Have a full working knowledge along with the standards required of the areas in the building which are covered by the Cleaning Department. This will include the time frames in which the cleaning needs to be completed by.
- Responsible for work allocation in the cleaning team, in conjunction with the Cleaning Manager, keeping within the specified detail of the contract, the financial budget and working principles. In conjunction with the Manager, plan staff rota’s and manage staff hours worked, sickness and annual leave, to ensure staff are paid correctly.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform and PPE as specified and ensuring Cleaning Operatives do the same. Report as necessary any uniform requests / PPE requirements to the Cleaning Manager.
- To support the Cleaning Manager in ensuring Sodexo safety initiatives are rolled out and implemented
- To Control and issue cleaning materials ensuring stock rotation and safety in storage.
- In conjunction / as required with the Cleaning Manager / SHEQ Manager, carry out cleaning audits to monitor cleaner’s performance and adherence to the required standard.
- Liaise with the Cleaning Operatives to identify training required to implement the standards required and so facilitate the running of contract and deliver training as required.
- Ensure that all equipment is in safe working order, checked regularly and serviced. Report faulty equipment to the Cleaning Manager, ensuring equipment is labelled ‘OUT OF ORDER’ and put out of use until repaired.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in the work place.
- Report any customer complaints or compliments and take remedial action if at all possible.
- Report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate
- Main assignments continued:
- To provide cover in areas across the site during periods of holidays / sickness ect.
- Comply with all Sodexo Company policies/procedures and client site rules and regulations
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as directed by management.
- To assist with any special duties, some of which may occur outside normal hours.
- To display good interpersonal skills towards our customers, Clients, team members and fellow Sodexo colleagues
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to carry out the role following training
- Confidence to work on one’s own, following training
- Ability to work as a team player and to be flexible as job tasks dictate
- A willingness to receive, understand and implement training given
- Ability to embrace DLS
- Clean and tidy appearance with a strong emphasis on personal hygiene
- Previous cleaning experience preferred
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.