|Job Title:||Cleaning Supervisor|
|Salary:||£10.00 per hour|
|Start Date:||2019-06-05 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Alison Scott|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 15:45|
We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Supervisor to join our team on site. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
- Working Monday to Friday from 05.00 - 07.30 in our Clients European headquarters, this is a working supervisors position and responsibilities include:
- supporting in the recruitment of cleaning staff
- providing on the job training for all new starters
- supervising and maintaining / checking hygiene and cleaning standards
- Ordering of consumables
- Working in the following areas:
- reception / restaurant / training and meeting rooms / male and female washrooms / locker rooms
- Proven experience using powered machinery including buffers and vacuums
- You will need to have a very good command of the English language both written and oral and have excellent customer service skills along with a keen eye for detail
- To supervise and carry out Sodexo cleaning service in specific areas and on job specific tasks to the required standard established by the Service Level Agreement.
- To be multi skilled in order to cover all areas of the service including supervising teams in day cleaning, housekeeping, office cleaning and toilet cleaning.
- To effectively undertake day cleaning duties to include; recycling, confidential waste, litter picking, the cleaning of; changing rooms, reception, accommodation, housekeeping, car parks and entrances, building lifts, stairways and to respond and efficiently react to any spillages or customer/client requests.
- To have full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals and the use of cleaning equipment and supervise the use of such equipment and chemicals.
- Report any maintenance issues immediately to include equipment that is faulty or any risks or hazards identified.
- To ensure that the teams are using the appropriate safety signage is used at all appropriate times.
- To ensure that cleaning stores are kept clean and tidy and equipment is stored correctly and safely at all times and that the correct documentation is contained within.
- To take part and effectively engage in employee training and having a full understanding of Health and Safety, COSHH, cleaning methods, cleaning training and site specific procedures.
- To deal with any complaints / issues from customers immediately and report directly to the Group Cleaning Manager.
- To participate actively within monthly supervisors’ team meetings in order to develop ideas to enhance service offer.
- To direct staff to undertake miscellaneous cleaning tasks.
- To be flexible to work additional hours in order to cover holiday and sickness within the team
- Proven experience in leading a cleaning team
- Excellent time-keeping, organisation, planning and scheduling
- Good communication skills and COSHH trained
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations
- Experience in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young persons and vulnerable adults. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland (Scotland).
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors.
With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's