|Location||Knottingley, West Yorkshire, WF11 0HP||Job Type||Permanent|
|Salary||£7.83 - £7.83||Sector||Government & Public Sector|
We currently have an opportunity for a Cleaning Response Operative to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.Package description
Flexible Cleaner required to cover holidays and sickness.
Variable hours - either covering day shifts 07.00 - 15.00 Monday - Friday working in various areas of the factory.
Evening Shifts 17.00 - 19.30 Working cleaning Head Office offices or other facilities on the factory side of the site. Changing rooms shower facilities- Amenity public areas - Laboratory, Canteen, Dining and wash room facilities.
Hours can be planned in advance to cover the above shifts and facilities to cover staff holidays. This would suite someone who likes flexibility and working in different work environments throughout a very busy manufacturing site.
- Carry out routine cleaning tasks at the schedule time and in accordance with all relevant polices and
- Empty and dispose of domestic and clinical waste in accordance with the Trust’s infection prevention and control & waste disposal policies
- Replenish consumables (i.e. paper towels, toilet rolls, soap, etc)
- Maintain equipment safely and hygienically
- Store and use cleaning equipment and materials safely and efficiently and in compliance with COSHH
- Undertake all cleaning duties in a safe manner, using PPE and hazard signs as appropriate
- Liaise with clinical staff in order to deliver a patient focused service
- Be vigilant and report care and estate issues to your supervisor
- Under supervision, respond to any ad-hoc cleaning requests on-site
- Comply with Trust and Sodexo policy and deliver patient promises
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the area of responsibility
Specific domestic cleaning duties may include, but may not be limited to all of the following:
- Collection and movement of refuse
- Cleaning of sanitary areas, floors, all surfaces, furniture and fittings
- Replenishment of cleaning supplies and other consumables (hand towels, toilet rolls and soap)
- Maintenance of cleaning equipment and materials
- Use of electrical cleaning machines
- Use of correct cleaning products and equipment for the specific tasks
- At the discretion of the line manager, carry out cleaning duties in any other area of the hospital, as and when required
- Communicate in a polite, clear and timely manner with customers
- Demonstrate a caring, compassionate and positive attitude to patients, staff and visitors at all times
- Work as team with Sodexo managers, supervisors, client employees and colleagues
- Listen, empathise and work diligently to answer any queries raised by patients, visitors and employees
- Dress in the correct uniform , inc. name badges, and appear professional at all times
- Display professional conduct and protect patient’s privacy and dignity
Compliance to policies and procedures
- Participate in the required Company and Trust training programmes
- Complete all audit and quality monitoring documentation as required
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Adhere to all legislation and Sodexo and Trust policies & procedures
- Minimise the risks of infection to patients and employees in accordance with national and Trust infection prevention & control policy
Health & Safety
- Take care of personal safety and the safety of others
- Report any health & safety concerns to management
- Use all equipment or personal protective equipment in the appropriate manner
- Report any accidents or near misses to the appropriate management and complete the appropriate
incident/accident report forms
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.