- Job Reference: 00012345-1
- Date Posted: 8 August 2020
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Rochester, Kent
- Salary: £18,000
- Sector: Government & Defence, Covid-19
- Job Type: Permanent
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with an employee count of 1400.
We are seeking a ​Cleaning Operative to assume responsibility for ​​all cleaning activities to the required standard in the designated areas, using the appropriate method and cleaning equipment such as floor polishers, vacuums etc and undertake rubbish removal to outside bins/recycling areas and maintain clean areas outside establishment.
We have positions available in:
* HMP Rochester
* HMP Cookham Wood
* HMP East Sutton Park
You will be an exceptional ​Cleaning Operative at the top of your game, with at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role.
Why join us?
* In addition to the below we have been identified as key workers during the Covid-19 pandemic, due to the critical work that we undertake to maintain the prison estate, and so the stability and security that we offer to employees is even more relevant than ever *
You will be joining a core part of the public sector, and as a government employee can be assured of the job security and stability that the volatile private sector simply can’t provide. You will have a consistent place of work, a supportive team around you, and be valued for your skill and experience, rather than forced to focus on profit margins for shareholders.
If you are successful, you will be offered a competitive salary along with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and entry into our pension scheme from day one.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
● Knowledge of COSHH
● Excellent communication skills
● Excellent organisational skills / Time management / Ability to prioritise and organise own workload / able to work to deadlines
● Good attention to detail
● A great team player
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you’d like to find out more then please apply today and we’ll be in touch.
National Security vetting requirements, for working within the Prison Estate - Successful applicants will need to confirm their employment history for at least 5 years prior to the date of application so that pre-employment checks can be undertaken. If you have spent significant time abroad (a total of 6 months in the past 5 years) you would be required to give a reasonable account.
No agencies please