Looking for a driving job in a friendly and long-established business? We have a great opportunity for a Class 2 Driver to join the team based at Ewelme, near Wallingford, one of the depots that we operate from across the south-east. In return for your hard work in a physically demanding role you'll earn a competitive salary, fully funded continued CPC training held on a working day, plus attractive benefits, including:
- Pension scheme – auto-enrolment on your first day with us. You contribute 5% of pay (true cost is less due to Income Tax and NI relief) and Grundon matches this
- Life assurance cover as a member of our pension scheme (twice your annual salary from day one)
- Option to buy additional holiday and join cycle to work scheme (after a qualifying period)
- Optional Health Cash Plan to help you manage the cost of your everyday healthcare (you pay a small monthly premium)
- Employee Assistance Programme – confidential and accessible 24/7
- Perks at Work reward and discount scheme (cinema, leisure attractions, shops, travel)
- Discounted gym membership (at participating gyms)
The Class 2 Driver role
You'll collect commercial waste from businesses in and around the Oxfordshire area.
What are the working hours of our Class 2 Driver?
- Full-time 44.75 hours p/week
- 5am-2.30pm Mon-Fri / Alternate Saturday mornings, 5am-9.30am
What are we looking for in our Class 2 Driver?
- Valid LGV Class 2 licence
- Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Digital tachograph driver card
- Experience driving roll on roll offs, skips, front end loaders and waste wheelers (we own an extensive and varied fleet of vehicles), although we always train the right people
Interested? Give us your driving skill, commitment and customer-first attitude and we can offer you a Class 2 Driver job you can see a future in working for Grundon - the UK's largest family-owned waste management business. Click apply!