Class 2 HGV driver
|Job Title:||Class 2 HGV driver|
|Salary:||£26000 - £35000 per annum|
|Start Date:||2019-01-17 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jason Slattery|
|Job Published:||January 17, 2019 11:38|
They also offer extensive benefits including holiday allowance, contributory pension up to 12%, life insurance, pay reviews and retail vouchers.
You will be an ambassador for the business out on the road, where you will ensure their values are upheld, and you will be driven to provide first class customer service - you will truly be the face of the business.
In return for your hard work and dedication we will give you all the tools you need to do your job effectively and safely. We can offer you CPC training with the opportunity to train to Class 1, extra shifts and overtime along with a highly competitive salary and leading benefits package.
As a Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Driver, you will work as part of the Logistic Management Centre (LMC) which operates a new fleet of state-of-the art Waste Tankers with jetting capability, Potable Water Tankers and Inventory delivery vehicles to support both reactive and planned work.
The LMC operates a range of vehicles, these include waste and water tankers, HIAB vehicles from 7.5t up to 26t with beavertail and various vans and trailers, all fitted with the latest in in-vehicle technology. You will have the opportunity to upskill and train across the fleet and also receive exposure to many other areas of their LMC operation.
As one of their Class 1 or Class 2 HGV Drivers, you will be expected to:
- Maintain a clean and compliant vehicle.
- Drive and operate heavy goods vehicles, secure parking of your vehicle, complete and record pre and post vehicle checks in line with legislative and company specific requirements.
- Record and manage vehicle defects through to repairs completed.
- Ensure you are competent to use any vehicle prior to taking, using or operating it, through the completion of appropriate training.
- Be in charge of the safe and secure loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Comply with transport legislation, including drivers' hours regulations and Working Time Directive in line with the 'O' licence legislation and company procedures.
- Adopt a safe and fuel-efficient approach to driving to minimise the risk to you, other road users, and to optimise vehicle running costs.
- Deliver all duties in line with agreed service levels.
- Undertake periodic driver assessments and relevant refresher training.
What skills are we looking for?
- HGV Class 1 or Class 2 experience - with the desire to be trained to class 1 in due course.
- No more than 6 penalty points and no DR or IN convictions on your licence.
- Full valid driver CPC and a valid Driver Tachograph card.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Transport Law and the Road Traffic Act.
- The ability to read and complete paperwork accurately.
- Basic numeracy.
- Experience of Water Tankers, Flat beds and curtain-siders.
- A valid Blue Card.
- Extensive knowledge of driving and operating tankers and HIAB but training will be provided.
- A working knowledge of Drivers Hours' rules and Working Time regulations.
- Experience of Water Tankers, Flat beds and curtain-siders is required as well as having a Blue Card.
Company salary and package
You will receive a salary of up to £35,000, with overtime available on top, depending on the shifts you are able to work and the Class of licence you hold.
We are looking for people on the following shift patterns:
- 4 on 4 off (Days)
- 4 on 4 off (Mixture of Days & Nights)
- 4 on 3 off (Fixed Shifts)
These are based on 44 hour weeks, with overtime and extra shifts readily available. You will need to have a flexible approach to working additional hours if needed to support with cover for events.
We will also consider drivers on a weekly paid temp or temp to perm basis.
There is an attractive package which includes up to 28 days annual leave, a generous pension scheme whereby the company will match twice what you contribute up to 12%, life insurance of 8 x salary, annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also offer 2 paid volunteering days per year.
During your training and induction period you will be working a shift pattern Monday to Friday between 06:00 and 18:00. You will need to be receptive to travelling to another site for your training as this may not be at your base location.
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally already have a valid Class 1 or Class 2 licence. You will also need to be flexible to work on a shift pattern.
As part of of the recruitment process you will need to undergo a driving assessment by a qualified assessor.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's