class 2 driver Newtownabbey
|Job Title:||class 2 driver Newtownabbey|
|Salary:||£10.82 - £16.23 per hour, Benefits: Performance bonus|
|Contact Name:||Blue Arrow Belfast|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2019 15:26|
Pay: £10.82 per hour
Must be physically fit
40 hrs CPC essential
The recycling operator will be responsible for carrying out collections of recycled materials from a specified round.
- Operation of a recycling vehicle, up to 12 tonnes.
- Maintain a predetermined daily collection round, lifting recycling boxes from houses and sorting the contents into the rear of the vehicle.
- Supervising the programme, including the assistant operator and temporary staff.
- Starting time will be 7.30am to 4.30pm; working hours may occasionally vary between 7am and 8pm
- Work with one other employee to complete rounds.
- Maintain good relationships with local community – answering questions to the best of his/her ability.
- Collecting and returning the vehicle to and from the Depot.
- Offload the vehicle, emptying contents into appropriate containers or areas.
- Maintain the programmes Health and Safety policy at all times.
- Fill out documentation.
- Leave quality comment notes to participants who leave out wrong materials.
- Carry out daily vehicle inspection, and ensure vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Co-operate in occasional media stories and promotions as required.
- Deliver promotional leaflets associated with the programme.
- Carry out customer canvassing as required.
- All other duties as and when required.
- To partake in relevant training as required.
- Current, clean driving licence covering the operation of a 12 tonne vehicle
- At least one years’ experience driving a 7.5 - 12 tonne vehicle.
- Hard and efficient worker with the ability to improve own productivity
- Commitment to the principles of recycling
- Ability to maintain standards
- Ability to communicate well with the public
- Prepared to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Initiative and motivation in own work
- Basic literacy and numeric skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's