Class 2 Driver
- Job Reference: 00044243-1
- Date Posted: 12 May 2022
- Recruiter: CV-Library
- Location: Harlow, Essex
- Salary: £31,000 to £34,000
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent
Asian Harvest Foods is a leading supplier of Oriental food, beverage and catering supplies to restaurants and takeaways throughout the UK. We operate nationally with strategically placed sites located in Glasgow, Harlow and Newcastle.
We value excellent service and product safety above all else and we pride ourselves on our product range, innovation, best value and dedication to our customers.
Our product range covers ambient, chilled and frozen products and in 2020 we launched a home delivery service; bringing our food industry knowledge and professionalism to households across the UK.
We are fully committed to providing a high standard of food quality, safety and service to our customers. Further investment has also enabled us to upgrade our IT infrastructure and improvements such as this allow us to be at the forefront of food supply in the UK; both now and as we look ahead to future expansion.
Health & Safety remains a fundamental priority for us and we are committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all team members; particularly as a result of Coronavirus. Strict adherence to preventative measures such as enhanced cleaning procedures, provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), social distancing and hygiene protocols at each of our sites; not only protects the safety and wellbeing of our people, but also their families and wider communities in which we serve.
What's on Offer?
Rate of Pay:
£31,000 per annum + £3,000 potential bonus
Permanent Contract - immediate start
45 hours per week
Monday - Friday (6am – 4pm)
Company Uniform provided, 28 days holiday entitlement, NEST Pension Scheme, training, continuous investment in your professional development, employee discount and free car parking on-site.
We are currently looking for an experienced and proactive Class 2, multi-drop delivery driver to join our well-established team based in Harlow, Essex. Our distribution team play a crucial part in daily operations as they provide a smooth and efficient delivery service to our loyal customers.
You will have a strong work ethic, attention to detail, excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work in a physically demanding and fast-paced environment. You will be a natural team player and possess a true commitment to customer service, with a keen desire to help to deliver and maintain our high standards at all times.
Typical Duties / Tasks
* Deliver products in a timely and efficient manner to our customers throughout Scotland
* Ensure that van stock matches ‘Van Summary’ sheets and escalate any stock variation or quality concerns to the Operations team
* Deal with handball and pallet deliveries upon arrival at customer site, ensuring that no damages occur whilst in transit or at point of delivery
* Maintain regular communication with the Operations and Finance teams and escalate customer queries when required
* Provide a high standard of customer service at all times
* Inspect vehicles at the start and end of your shift, ensuring that they are maintained to Company standards
* Record any vehicle defects and report them immediately to the Transport Supervisor / Transport Manager
* Ensure compliance with all Food Safety and HACCP requirements, maintaining product integrity at all times
* Adherence to Transport Legislation, inclusive of Tachograph Rules & Regulations
* Ensure that all required documentation is complete, accurate and up-to-date; such as Cleaning Schedules, Temperature Checks, Goods In, Stock Returns, HACCP, etc.
* Completion of all daily paperwork to a high standard
* Collection of payments from customers, ensuring that receipts are completed accurately, as well as safe storage of all collections
* Contribute to the development and implementation of operational improvements
* Ensure adherence to relevant Health & Safety requirements contained within Risk Assessments and our standard operating procedures at all times.
What You’ll Need
* Full Class 2 License
* Driver CPC Card and Digital Tachograph Card
* Experience in driving a Class 2 vehicle, multi-drop delivery preferred
* HACCP, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Allergen awareness
* Geographical knowledge of London & Home Counties is an advantage
* Proactive approach to maintaining safe ways of working
* Ability to adapt to changing demands and adaptable workload
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
Apply with a current CV that demonstrates your Class 2 driving, multi-drop delivery experience and we’ll aim to get back to you as soon as possible!
Asian Harvest Foods (and associated divisions) will not accept any unsolicited CVs from recruiters or Employment Agencies in response to this role