|Salary||£13 - £26 per hour||Sector||Driving & Logistics|
Monday - Friday (8 hour shifts with paid breaks)
£13 per hour (up to 8 hrs)
£19.50 (over 8 hrs)
My client is seeking Class 2 drivers to work for their prestigious company based in Wembley. The company is the largest supplier of industrial gases and related equipment in the United Kingdom. Delivering on safety is key to these roles which starts from the logistic planning stages right down to the responsible handling of their industrial and medical gases. They pride themselves on meeting the high expectations of their customers as they have specific needs for certain gases. The drivers have a large role to play in this service.PPE will be provided including anti-static uniform. This is a brilliant opportunity for continuous development as the company offer work related training programmes which in some cases count towards driver CPC modules.Full training will be given on-site prior to start.Duties:
- Multi dropping approximately 15-20 drops per day delivering to customers in around the area. These customers will consist of pubs, restaurants, schools, football stadiums and also for the medical industry.
- Adhering to strict Health & Safety operations as directed by the client
- Customer facing and addressing queries or directing them to the correct point of contact
- To ensure road worthiness, maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle allocated.
- Complete vehicle daily check sheet accurately and report vehicle or equipment defects appropriately.
- Ensure a safe and legal weight distribution of cylinders at all times when loading/unloading own vehicle to meet customers requirements
- Complete deliveries in line with the PSOs and obtain a customer signature at the point of delivery.
- Use hand held computer technology to scan and record cylinders.
- Ensure that full, empty, compliant and faulty cylinders are segregated on the vehicle.
- Assist with loading/unloading of the trunker vehicle as and when required.
- Carry out all duties safely and utilise PPE at all times in line with training and work instructions.
- Assist the Transport Manager with office duties as required
- hold a valid ADR licence with classification 2 (in packages) is essential
- have held the LGV entitlement for a minimum of 2 years, for insurance purposes
- driving licence must not exceed 6 points (3 point max preferable) or include CU80, DD, IN10 or DR10 endorsements, for insurance purposes
- be physically fit for demanding tasks that require the use of safe manual handling.
- be self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised but also work as part of a team.