Class 1 HGV Driver (C+E)
|Job Title:||Class 1 HGV Driver (C+E)|
|Start Date:||2019-03-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Chloe Robinson|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 13:09|
- Safe Loading and Unloading of Pallets/Freight/Cages/Stillages/Yorks on and off the vehicle in line with Health & Safety regulations as and when required.
- Undertake a daily inspection of vehicles and trailers and complete either a Nil Defect Report or a Defect Report as necessary
- Ensure that the vehicle is kept in a clean and tidy condition in line with departmental requirements.
- The safe delivery and collection of Cages/Pallets/Freight/Stillages/Yorks to and from Customers within agreed time scales
- To correctly use scanners to accurately scan consignments on an ad-hoc basis as and when directed by site management.
- Ensure the safe use of pallet trucks when loading a vehicle as per the safe operating manual located on site
- Ensure effective communication with both internal and external customers, escalating any queries to site management in a timely manner.
- Ensure strict adherence to tacho regulations and the safe use of the national road network in line with the road transport laws and regulations
- Ensure strict adherence to both on-site and off-site Health and Safety Regulations at all times, reporting any breaches to site management immediately
- Any other reasonable duties that site management may request as required and at short notice in line with business requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Road Transport Laws
- Must hold relevant legal driving licence at the right grade
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude toward the company and the job role
- Ensure attention to detail and ability to achieve dead lines
- CPC qualified
Interested? Apply with your CV. If you require any further information about the role, call Chloe Robinson at Pertemps on 01392 826 060
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's