You will be the first point of contact for our policyholder who has suffered a loss following an incident involving their car. You must be able to obtain the relevant details from them and record this information giving the customer excellent advice and assistance, whilst also assessing liability from the circumstances of the incident. You will then manage the AD part of the claim to its conclusion.
* Provide advice to customers on making a claim and the processes involved.
* Take reports of new insurance claims from our customers, or from third parties, credit hire companies, insurers and solicitors.
* Accurately record the information reported to us concerning the circumstances of the loss.
* Assess liability for an accident and offer advice and guidance to our customers giving an objective opinion on prospects and where necessary advise customers regarding where liability will rest.
* Validating that cover is in force for a claim and identifying possible fraudulent claim markers to be referred for investigation.
* Instructing suppliers such as repairers, solicitors and car hire companies.
* Identify fault claims and enable rapid, proactive third party intervention.
* Manage a portfolio of c100 AD claims, ensuring that SLAs are met and the AD aspect of a claim is concluded quickly and at minimum cost.
* Treat our customers fairly and ensure that the customer receives world class customer service in accordance with industry and company guidelines.
* Support cost, service and process efficiency projects across the team, as well as participating in departmental projects.
Health and safety requirements
Conduct yourself, and carry out work, to ensure compliance with the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental Policies.
The Individual .
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
* Ideally minimum 6 months' experience working in the FNOL team for an insurer or motor claims handler; or
* Minimum 12 months working in the motor insurance industry; or
* Minimum 18 months in a call centre, or customer service environment
* Good spoken and written communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Positive and self-confident approach when dealing with customers
* Ability to utilise qualities such as empathy, tact, assertiveness and diplomacy when talking to our customers understanding that they could be distraught and concerned following an incident
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* PC literate with good administrative skills
* Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary
Education and Qualifications:
* Graduate preferred, but minimum 6 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above, or demonstrable ability in numeracy skills and written English